This document can also be viewed here: https://www.ca.com/us/services-support/ca-support/ca-support-online/knowledge-base-articles.TEC1269993.html
In Datamaker, as an administrator, I created a new user. When that new user goes to connect to the repository in Agile Designer, they receive the following error message:
Error Authenticating UserCould not log into the specified TDoD service with the specified user name and password.TDoD service reported the following error: Fault codes:Client: Operation: AuthenticateUser: Error executing: dbo.X_nextval: Could not find stored procedure 'dbo.X_nextval'.
Below are steps to reproduce the issue:
1. In Datamaker, click on the 'Security' tab in the toolbar.
2. Choose the 'Users and Groups' option from the drop down list.
3. Login with administrator credentials.
4. In the 'Maintain Security' window, under 'Users', right click on an existing user and choose the 'Add User' option.
5. In the 'New User' window, enter in the user's information.
- In this case, I clicked the 'Generate Password' button.
6. Click the green checkmark when finished.
7. If successful, a 'New User' window will appear. Click the 'OK' button.
8. In the next 'New User' window, copy the password provided.
9. In Agile Designer, click on the 'Home' tab in the toolbar.
10. Click the 'Connect to Repository' option.
11. In the 'Specify TDoD service' window, enter in the TDoD Service URL, new username and password, and then click the 'OK' button.
Expected result: I am connected to the repository.
Actual result: I receive an 'Error Authenticating User' message.
This is known issue with the product when using the 'Generate Password' option in Datamaker. Development is currently working on a permanent solution.
The suggested workaround for this issue is to create new Datamaker users a custom password, instead of using the 'Generate Password' button, and use that when connecting to the repository in Agile Designer. The directions below outline how to do this.
- We recommend deleting the existing user that was seeing the error and re-adding them.
- In the 'Password' box, type in a password for the user.
8. In the next 'New User' window, copy the password you manually entered in for the user.
11. In the 'Specify TDoD service' window, enter in the TDoD Service URL, username and password, and then click the 'OK' button.
12. You should now successfully be logged in and connected to the TDM Repository in Agile Designer.
If you are still receiving the error message, you may not have your TDoD service setup or configured correctly. Follow the steps under 'Configure TDoD Service' in this document: https://docops.ca.com/ca-test-data-manager/4-1/en/provisioning-test-data/configure-test-data-reservation-service/configure-form-based-test-data-reservation-service/test-matching-hp-alm-integration/configure-alm-integration
If you experience any further issues, please open a support case on https://support.ca.com/irj/portal/newhome or call support at one of these numbers https://www.ca.com/us/services-support/ca-support/contact-support.html.