Test Data Manager

View Only
  • 1.  TDM Portal Troubleshooting

Posted Nov 18, 2016 12:17 PM

I start this page in order to reference all error message/code you can get with TDM Portal, and what could be the main reason and solution in order to overpass it. Please fill free to complete.

And don't forget : "An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made, in a narrow field."

With this kind of table, we can all  become experts ;-)

ERROR MESSAGERESOLUTION
    Call to ConnectionManagerService failed: :
    HttpClientErrorException: 403 Forbidden
    if this happen when you use the self service portal and can't get your publish to work. This is linked to the fact that you didn't authorize your user to use this connection profile. For this you should map your user role with the connection(s) profile(s) used by your user (search TDM documentation for "connection profile")
    The TCP/IP connection to the host ***,
    port 1433 has failed. 
    Error: "connect timed out.
    Verify the connection properties. 
    Make sure that an instance of SQL Server
    is running on the host
    and accepting TCP/IP connections at the port. 
    Make sure that TCP connections to the port
    are not blocked by a firewall.

For sure, you should first check your SQL server connection and Windows/network firewall.

But If you use SQLSERVEREXPRESS, this could be linked also to the fact that is uses dynamic ports by default. 2 ways to solve, easy one is you specify instance and no ports in TDM configuration. more complex one is to configure static port in you SQLEXPRESS configuration manager instead of dynamic ones. cf. http://web.synametrics.com/sqlexpressremote.htm

Deferred publish of table *** failed
    because no stored data was found for it

This happens when you try to publish from the portal, one of your publish result table is empty and you have operations in this table that links it to other tables that aren't empty.

This is in the pipe for correction by product management, for the moment, the only solution to is to use the old publish either by using Datamaker directly, or changing configuration of TDM portal to use old publish.

ERROR: Publish failed for job ***,
    Call to ConnectionManagerService failed: :
    HttpClientErrorException: 404 Not Found
    Create your connection profile(s) (in and out) in the portal and assign it (them) to the user group that is connected to the portal when publishing the data

• 2.  Re: TDM Portal Troubleshooting

Posted Nov 30, 2016 04:16 AM

Thanks Dimitris Finas for this post, i am getting new errors in TDM portal. While submitting the request for Test Matching i am getting error 500. No other information available.

Also i am getting error while pulling the requests saying "Failed to get the list of request. Refer lots for more information". From logs i am not able to figure out what is the issue. 

Can you provide your inputs on this.

Regards,

Raju Devolla.

• 3.  Re: TDM Portal Troubleshooting

Posted Dec 02, 2016 05:32 AM

HTTP 500 error is generic, and so it's very difficult to know exactly where it's coming from.

In order to do so, I would first check that all my TDM services are running well (CA Remote Publish, CA TDoD), then check that my test match is already running well from Datamaker (remove all source of errors, except portal).

Then, push logs to DEBUG level (update TDM portal configuration file logback-tdm.properties). This is also documented here Enable DEBUG mode. After that, stop TDM portal, delete all logs and restart, and do your test match again.

You should now have more information to understand when and why it fails.

• 4.  Re: TDM Portal Troubleshooting

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 10, 2017 11:15 AM

Thank you for this troubleshooting post. It might also be helpful to point out in the Resolution for the issue "ConnectionManagerService failed" that this error can also occur or a similar error (ConnectionManagerService failed: : HttpClientErrorException: 404 Not Found) even if the user is authorized in the Portal to access the connection profile. This also happens when the connection profile has been originally created in Datamaker instead of the Portal. There is a note in the product documentation that states to use the connection in Publish action in the portal, the connection profile must have been created in the TDM Portal and not within Datamaker.

• 5.  Re: TDM Portal Troubleshooting

Posted Feb 13, 2017 04:00 AM

Completely agree, I added it