Test Data Manager

View Only
  • 1.  Publish Data using Batch Mode from remote system

Posted Jul 19, 2017 10:38 AM

I am trying to publish data from the Datamaker using batch mode. It generates a batch and xml file. When i run the batch file from the server where Datamaker is installed, it runs correctly and data is generated.

But when I move the 2 files to another system and run it i get the following error:

I have copied the Grid tools folder which contains the datamaker.exe and all other files to the other system and mapped the paths correctly in the batch file.

Can i know the cause of this error and fix for it?

Does GT Datamaker support this or not in first place?

• 2.  Re: Publish Data using Batch Mode from remote system
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 20, 2017 07:00 AM

Hi Jagadeesh,

Please install the datamaker using installer in the box where you want to run publish. If you simply copy the folder the dll files might not get registered to OS, hence it might not work.

Thanks,

Hari

• 3.  Re: Publish Data using Batch Mode from remote system

Posted Jul 21, 2017 03:51 AM

So it means I need to install datamaker in new system and purchase another license as well?

• 4.  Re: Publish Data using Batch Mode from remote system

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 24, 2017 10:17 PM

Hi Jagadeesh,

I guess going back to square one might help.  Why would you have to run them on another system?  Why can't you run them on the Server?   It makes sense that you cannot run them on a system that does not have datamaker installed on it.  The batch files that are generated are not stand alone entities.  They depend on datamaker to run them in headless mode.

Cheers!
    Les.

• 5.  Re: Publish Data using Batch Mode from remote system

Posted Jul 25, 2017 05:28 PM

The answer there depends on what you have purchased for licenses, but the license tracking is done through the repository. It does not matter how many times you install the software or how many repositories you create, you will only ever use the one license. The usage will be monitored based on each of the different types of access: UI logins, portal logins, ARD logins, and remote/batch job executions. 

Hope this info helps! 

• 6.  Re: Publish Data using Batch Mode from remote system

Posted Jul 25, 2017 08:53 AM

With Powershell, you can connect to TDM Server remotely, through PSSession, and invoke TDM's .batch.

Check this url: Running Remote Commands 

You also need to enable remote access, via Powershell, at TDM Server: Enable-PSRemoting

• 7.  Re: Publish Data using Batch Mode from remote system

Posted Jul 27, 2017 08:33 AM

Also, Why not use TDM Rest API, instead of calling .batch files remotely? It's easier, cleaner and you have more options, with the API, during the publish.

REST API Reference - CA Test Data Manager - 4.1 - CA Technologies Documentation 

• 8.  Re: Publish Data using Batch Mode from remote system

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 01, 2017 12:27 AM

Did any of these Help?  It looks like we need to move from a Question to a discussion on this issue.

Please let me know if you feel this has been answered.

Cheers!
    Les.