Test Data Manager

View Only
  • 1.  TDM Shredder, SV, and REST Methods

Posted Jul 12, 2016 05:06 PM

I just wanted to confirm that as of Release 3.6 of TDM, it is not possible to perform TDM and SV integration on the REST methods, GET and DELETE?

The idea of using the TDM Shredder to help make more robust virtual services seems awesome.  However, if it currently only supports the PUTS and POST methods, that will reduce some of its usefulness.

So, unless I'm interpreting the docs incorrectly, it seems that as of Release 3.6, it is not possible to perform TDM and SV integration for GET and DELETE methods.  Is this true?

• 2.  Re: TDM Shredder, SV, and REST Methods

Posted Jul 12, 2016 05:11 PM

You can use Javelin as a bridge between the two...invoke rest API to SV via Javelin

• 3.  Re: TDM Shredder, SV, and REST Methods

Posted Jul 13, 2016 10:41 AM

ellma10 thanks for the response.  Would you be able to provide a little more insight?  From what I've seen in the docs, Javelin is an automation tool and I'm struggling to make the connection of how this would help.

• 4.  Re: TDM Shredder, SV, and REST Methods

Posted Jul 22, 2016 04:04 PM

Hi Jeffrey, did Bhavin answer your question or do you have any more questions around this?

• 5.  Re: TDM Shredder, SV, and REST Methods

Posted Jul 25, 2016 01:13 PM

The response sounds good.  I guess I would just really have to see it in action to fully understand.