Hi can you try this and let us know if it resolves the issue?
1. Go to <TDoD install directory>/TDoD_ConfigEditor and double click on the TDoDConfigEditor
2. In the Configure Portal tab, change Service URL to point to the correct TDoD Service URL(If it's a local installation then change URL to http://localhost:8090/GTService or http://COMPUTER_NAME:8090/GTService) ex: http://kukbh01w7:8090/GTService
3. Click Verify.
4. If Verify doesn't complain about any error, then press the 'Save' button.
5. Relaunch TDoD in Internet Explorer.
Thanks for the response.
I am having this issue from my own development laptop when I try to access TDod from IE. I can access tdod fine from the server where it is installed.
Do I put in my laptop computer name? I tried that previously and the URL was valid and no error but I could not select SAVE.
Closed and reopened and got this:
D2C Operations Analyst / Solutions Architect
Test Data Management
Hi, are you able to use the URL that you use when accessing it on the server? Can you trying putting that in and starting the service?
Another solution might be to check that there are not any firewalls blocking the service.
After trying Taylor's suggestions, if you are still facing the same error, please try these steps:
1. Do not configure the TDOD service separately on your laptop. We will attempt connecting to the server where it is correctly configured.
2. On the "server" machine, make sure that the Service URL in the TDOD configuration editor reads something like http://COMPUTER_NAME:8090/GTService instead of http://localhost:8090/GTService.
3. Upgrade the Microsoft Silverlight version to the latest (on your laptop). You will be able to find your current version from "Control Panel" -> "Programs and Features" -> "Microsoft Silverlight" entry.
The latest version available for download is Build 5.1.41212.0. You may download it here: https://www.microsoft.com/getsilverlight/
4. After upgrading Silverlight, try a connection from your laptop web browser to the TDOD Service URL that has been set up on the server machine (which you are able to access fine from the server machine directly).
If you are still facing problems, please open a support ticket at https://support.ca.com and one of our Support Engineers will contact you directly to help.
Thank you for all the suggestions.
I learned two things from this issue.
1) When it lists to use: http://COMPUTER_NAME:8090/GTService</external-link.jspa?url=http%3A%2F%2Fcomputer_name%3A8090%2FGTService>, it really is supposed to literally have COMPUTER_NAME, instead of inserting my actual computer name into the URL.
2) This morning I confirmed that I had the latest version of Silver Light already installed. I did a clean re-boot and tried accessing the link again and it worked. I’m not positive but I think a clean re-boot may have addressed whatever issues that were causing the errors.
Glad you got it working. However, regarding (1), I cannot think of how the literal "COMPUTER_NAME" would help. It needs to have the name of the actual computer (maybe you are not connecting to the system where you configured it this way?)