Please validate my understanding regarding TDoD solution.
Our client has customer data across different tables. we need to provide solution to client where they can search the customers based on different search criteria like program type, card type, account type, age, etc.,
Repository: SQL Server.
Solution in my mind.
1) create a test mart table in SQL Server with required customer details as column along wtih mandatory Test Mart columns.
2) Register this table in version, update this table using data in present in different tables in DB2.
3) configure this table as test Mart table in Test Mart data pool.
Data pool should be continuously updated as data in test environments will change now and then.
1) can we have solution where data maker will search data in DB2 directly instead of datapool of the project.
2) or we have to have the data in data pool (repository).
I do not believe this functionality is currently supported by Datamaker. You can submit an enhancement request for this by following the directions in this document: http://www.ca.com/us/services-support/ca-support/ca-support-online/knowledge-base-articles.tec1107947.html
In order to implement the specific product solution you are wanting, I suggest reaching out to your CA Account Manager who can connect you with CA Services. They will be able to fully understand your business requirements and help you implement it with existing Datamaker features.
If you do not know who your CA Account Manager is, you can call a member of our customer care team and they will be able to assist you. You can find the correct contact number for your country at the following link: http://www.ca.com/us/services-support/ca-support/contact-support.html