Harvest

View Only
  • 1.  Produciton Model - Views, reference directories and HRefresh

Posted Jun 19, 2021 09:37 AM
    Hi guys,

I'm using the supplied Production Model template with the following states and their corresponding views:

Development [Production]
    Merge [Merge]
    Test [Test]
    Staging [Test]
    Production [Production]

I've set up HRefresh.cfg to update reference directories on a remote server running the Harvest agent. The development, Merge, Test and Production states each synchronises with its own reference directory on the remote server when hrefresh is called.

The idea is to run hexecp scripts for each state (on demand or automatically following a promote or check-in action) in order to update the development, test and production sites by means of a simple copy.

My problem is now this: When a developer checks his code in in the development state, the production state is also updated due to the fact that they both use the Production view. Subsequently, the development changes are copied to the production site before the changes are promoted to the Production state.

I suspect I'm using this model incorrectly, but I don't know how I'm supposed to implement what I'm trying to achieve.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Regards,
    Jarus

• 2.  RE: Produciton Model - Views, reference directories and HRefresh

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 21, 2021 07:19 AM
    Hello Jarus,

Can you share the HRefresh.cfg file?

Thanks,
    Sridhar

• 3.  RE: Produciton Model - Views, reference directories and HRefresh

Posted Jun 21, 2021 07:28 AM
    cascm@######:/opt/CA/scm>cat HRefresh.cfg
    CASC - Harvest,Development, , \Harvest\,D:\haragent\harvest\Development,Full,10.124.20.169,5110,harvest.dfo,wpera4sw0009.dfo
    CASC - Harvest,Test, , \Harvest\,D:\haragent\harvest\Test,Full,10.124.20.169,5110,harvest.dfo,wpera4sw0009.dfo
    CASC - Harvest,Production, , \Harvest\,D:\haragent\harvest\Production,Full,10.124.20.169,5110,harvest.dfo,wpera4sw0009.dfo

• 4.  RE: Produciton Model - Views, reference directories and HRefresh

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 21, 2021 07:55 AM
    Jarus,

Can you also send the script through which you are invoking hrefresh job?

Thanks,
    Sridhar

• 5.  RE: Produciton Model - Views, reference directories and HRefresh

Posted Jun 21, 2021 08:24 AM
    hrefresh -b "[broker]"-pr "[project]" -st "[state]" - nst "[nextstate]"