Harvest

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Help installing harweb on a standalone server

• 1.  Help installing harweb on a standalone server

Posted Jan 25, 2017 12:00 PM

I'd like to install Harvest Web aka harweb on a standalone Tomcat server, what are the minimum requirements for doing so. I'm guessing:

Tomcat

Java

harweb

????

If I just install using the HarwebInstall.sh script will it simply work, or, do I need to install other Harvest pieces?  I've tried it and get the message:

Can't find bundle for base name com.ca.cmsdk.internal.message.HarvestMsg, locale en_U

When I look that up it indicates everything needs to be 32-bit...

Thanks,

Chris

• 2.  Re: Help installing harweb on a standalone server
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 25, 2017 03:48 PM

You will also need to install and configure

- the client software for your DBMS - if Oracle, either full client or InstantClient, if SQL Server that client software

- the SCM Client software.

Make sure that all components (Tomcat, Java, DBMS client and SCM) are at the same bit-level - either all 32-bit or all 64-bit.

Make sure you're able to login to your Harvest database with your DBMS client software (for example sqlplus userid@service/password).

I think the error message you're seeing is most likely because you haven't installed the SCM Client software.

Let me know if you need more help

• 3.  Re: Help installing harweb on a standalone server

Posted Jan 25, 2017 04:47 PM

That makes sense, I'll give this a shot tomorrow.

Thanks!

• 4.  Re: Help installing harweb on a standalone server

Posted Jan 26, 2017 11:03 AM

A couple more questions before I dive back into this:

-should Tomcat run as the cascm user, or, can it run as tomcat?

-how do I increase the loglevel for harweb? 

-by client software, do you mean all the software in the "client folder" on the ISO image:

--agentonly.tar.gz

--client.tar.gz

--etpki.tar.gz

--pec474_64.tar.gz

• 5.  Re: Help installing harweb on a standalone server

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 01, 2017 03:47 PM

Tomcat can run either as the cascm user or as another user.  If Tomcat is owned by a different userid, check out the KB article I've referenced below on some specific configuration adjustments you need to make.

For the SCM Client part you will need to install client.tar.gz, etpki.tar.gz and pec474_64.tar.gz.  Make sure all tar files come from the same folder on the installation DVD image to ensure they are all 64-bit or all 32-bit.

There is a KB article that provides a lot of guidance about installing Harweb on a Linux box.  You might check here to see if this might help: https://www.ca.com/us/services-support/ca-support/ca-support-online/knowledge-base-articles.tec1508443.html 

Let me know if this helps and if there are more questions.

Thanks

• 6.  Re: Help installing harweb on a standalone server

Posted Mar 02, 2017 09:22 AM

Hi Melinda,

I've built a new server to run harvest web on, everything is 64-bit. Tomcat starts fine & connects to the DB Server fine, when I try to login via the harvest web login I get the error message. I'm assuming that message is a generic I can't talk to the harvest server message?

I've combed thru the Tomcat logs, I've run tcpdump on the harvestweb server, where I see traffic to the DB server, but, I see NO traffic to the harvest server.  I've looked thru the harweb.cfg file, and, well, I'm not a Harvest person, so I'm not sure where to go from here. Is there a command-line program I can run to attempt to connect?  How does the Harvest Webapp know where the harvest server is?

Thanks,

Chris

• 7.  Re: Help installing harweb on a standalone server

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 02, 2017 09:36 AM

Hi crpeck,

Could your please copy the error message here to us to get a better idea.

To answer your question how the harvest webapp knows where the server is: we provide the server name during installation of harweb(harvest we b app) and hence it knows it from here ...

Reagrds,

Balakrishna.

• 8.  Re: Help installing harweb on a standalone server

Posted Mar 02, 2017 10:08 AM

Oh Sorry, I thought it was in a message above, it's:

Error:

Can't find bundle for base name com.ca.cmsdk.internal.message.HarvestMsg, locale en_U

• 9.  Re: Help installing harweb on a standalone server

Posted Mar 02, 2017 10:09 AM

from tomcat/webapps/harweb/WEB-INF/harweb.cfg

Broker=harvest.it.wm.edu
    AuthMode=openldap
    MixedAuthMode=1

• 10.  Re: Help installing harweb on a standalone server

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 02, 2017 10:15 AM

Hi crpeck,

We need to use all components either 32 bit OR 64 bit .

It must never be mixed up.

1. SCM Client installed on the machine 

2. Java

3. Tomcat or web server

Check the bitness 

I assume broker is on another machine and if it is on another machine ,it should not matter (either 32 bit or 64 bit).

Please verify the bitness to be completely 32 bit or 64 bit

If necessary ,please re-install these components

Kindly let us know how it goes!

there is also a KT article for reference for similar problem

https://www.ca.com/us/services-support/ca-support/ca-support-online/knowledge-base-articles.tec606712.html 

Regards,

Balakrishna

• 11.  Re: Help installing harweb on a standalone server

Posted Mar 02, 2017 11:16 AM

the broker is on a different server.

Is it possible to increase the logging for the harvest webapp somehow?  I've run /opt/CA/scm/bin/hgetusg with proper parameters and it connects to the broker just fine.  Any ideas???  

I just installed the harvest webserver from scratch, making sure that all the libraries, and, I'm pretty sure that all components are 64-bit:

tomcat has no bitness - it's java

[cascm@harvestweb ~]$ java -version
    java version "1.8.0_121"
    Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_121-b31)
    Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.121-b31, mixed mode)

[cascm@harvestweb etpki_linux]$ ./setup discover
    [CAPKI] -----------Starting Discovery-----------

[CAPKI] Found non-global installation of CAPKI in /opt/CA/SharedComponents/CAPKI.
    [CAPKI] Found & Opened .installdb
    [CAPKI] CurrentVersion 5.0.0
    [CAPKI] Existing installations will be displayed as
    [CAPKI] caller Installed Version
    [CAPKI] SCMCLIENT 5.0.0
    [CAPKI] -----------Discovery Complete-----------

[cascm@harvestweb etpki_linux]$ ls /opt/CA/SharedComponents/CAPKI/CAPKI5/Linux/amd64/64/

[cascm@harvestweb etpki_linux]$ file /opt/CA/SharedComponents/CAPKI/CAPKI5/Linux/amd64/64/lib/libc*
    /opt/CA/SharedComponents/CAPKI/CAPKI5/Linux/amd64/64/lib/libcaopenssl_crypto.so: ELF 64-bit LSB shared object, x86-64, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked, not stripped
    /opt/CA/SharedComponents/CAPKI/CAPKI5/Linux/amd64/64/lib/libcaopenssl_ssl.so: ELF 64-bit LSB shared object, x86-64, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked, not stripped
    /opt/CA/SharedComponents/CAPKI/CAPKI5/Linux/amd64/64/lib/libcapki.so: ELF 64-bit LSB shared object, x86-64, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked, not stripped
    /opt/CA/SharedComponents/CAPKI/CAPKI5/Linux/amd64/64/lib/libcapki_thread_posix.so: ELF 64-bit LSB shared object, x86-64, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked, not stripped
    /opt/CA/SharedComponents/CAPKI/CAPKI5/Linux/amd64/64/lib/libccme_asym.so: ELF 64-bit LSB shared object, x86-64, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked, not stripped
    /opt/CA/SharedComponents/CAPKI/CAPKI5/Linux/amd64/64/lib/libccme_base.so: ELF 64-bit LSB shared object, x86-64, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked, not stripped
    /opt/CA/SharedComponents/CAPKI/CAPKI5/Linux/amd64/64/lib/libccme_ecc_accel_fips.so: ELF 64-bit LSB shared object, x86-64, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked, not stripped
    /opt/CA/SharedComponents/CAPKI/CAPKI5/Linux/amd64/64/lib/libccme_ecc.so: ELF 64-bit LSB shared object, x86-64, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked, not stripped
    /opt/CA/SharedComponents/CAPKI/CAPKI5/Linux/amd64/64/lib/libccme_error_info.so: ELF 64-bit LSB shared object, x86-64, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked, not stripped
    /opt/CA/SharedComponents/CAPKI/CAPKI5/Linux/amd64/64/lib/libcryptocme.sig: ASCII text
    /opt/CA/SharedComponents/CAPKI/CAPKI5/Linux/amd64/64/lib/libcryptocme.so: ELF 64-bit LSB shared object, x86-64, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked, not stripped

pec was installed from pec474_64.tar.gz

[cascm@harvestweb UNIX]$ file /opt/CA/pec/bin/i86_64_linux24/*
    /opt/CA/pec/bin/i86_64_linux24/rtcmd.x: ELF 64-bit LSB executable, x86-64, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked (uses shared libs), for GNU/Linux 2.6.4, stripped
    /opt/CA/pec/bin/i86_64_linux24/rtfind.x: ELF 64-bit LSB executable, x86-64, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked (uses shared libs), for GNU/Linux 2.6.4, stripped
    /opt/CA/pec/bin/i86_64_linux24/rtftpd.x: ELF 64-bit LSB executable, x86-64, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked (uses shared libs), for GNU/Linux 2.6.4, stripped
    /opt/CA/pec/bin/i86_64_linux24/rtftp.x: ELF 64-bit LSB executable, x86-64, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked (uses shared libs), for GNU/Linux 2.6.4, stripped
    /opt/CA/pec/bin/i86_64_linux24/rtmon.x: ELF 64-bit LSB executable, x86-64, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked (uses shared libs), for GNU/Linux 2.6.4, not stripped
    /opt/CA/pec/bin/i86_64_linux24/rtserver.x: ELF 64-bit LSB executable, x86-64, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked (uses shared libs), for GNU/Linux 2.6.4, not stripped
    /opt/CA/pec/bin/i86_64_linux24/rtver.x: ELF 64-bit LSB executable, x86-64, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked (uses shared libs), for GNU/Linux 2.6.4, stripped
    /opt/CA/pec/bin/i86_64_linux24/setdependency: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked (uses shared libs), for GNU/Linux 2.2.5, not stripped

• 12.  Re: Help installing harweb on a standalone server

Posted Mar 02, 2017 11:26 AM

a followup: the server is:

[cascm@harvestweb harweb]$ cat /etc/redhat-release
    Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 6.5 (Santiago)
    [cascm@harvestweb harweb]$ uname -a
    Linux harvestweb.it.wm.edu 2.6.32-431.el6.x86_64 #1 SMP Sun Nov 10 22:19:54 EST 2013 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

• 13.  Re: Help installing harweb on a standalone server

Posted Mar 02, 2017 01:32 PM

One more followup, when I run the HarwebInstall.sh setup script to produce just the warfile, this is the contents of the WEB-INF/harweb.cfg file - which won't work as it has no credentials in it:

JDBCDriver=oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver
    JDBCConnectionURL=jdbc:oracle:thin:@dbserver:1521:harvest
    Database=ORACLE

ConnectionPoolSize=5
    ConnectionPoolMax=100
    ConnectionUseCount=5
    ConnectionTimeout = 2

Broker=harvest
    AuthMode=OpenLdap
    MixedAuthMode=1
    WorkingDirectory=/opt/tomcat8/webapps/harweb/temp

SessionTimeout=600
    BusinessObjectsURL=http://hostname:portnumber/InfoViewApp/logon.jsp

ContextsMaxCount=30
    AllowedSwitchInBetween=true

---------------

If I manually add entries for

User=dbusername

Password=dbpassword

then Tomcat starts properly. I also verified that the Oracle Client library is from the 64-bit oracle client. (ojdbc7.jar).  

• 14.  Re: Help installing harweb on a standalone server

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 03, 2017 02:25 AM

Hi crpeck.

Also could you share the path values?

Regards,

Balakrishna.

• 15.  Re: Help installing harweb on a standalone server

Posted Mar 03, 2017 01:41 PM

That tip helped, it turns out that the LD_LIBRARY_PATH wasn't pointing at the correct directory for CAPKI (CAPKI wasn't in the path).