Harvest

View Only
  • 1.  Branching and Build Strategy

Posted Nov 29, 2016 03:24 PM
      |   view attached

The diagram shall explain itself and nothing special regarding the branching. Each branch will be implemented in CA-SCM as a sibling project (seems messy so please let me know if there is a better approach). 

Now what I am not sure about is how to retrieve the code base for build. We are using Jenkins for build and uDeploy for deployment. The issue is the Jenkins CA-Harvest plugin doesn't generate a change list.

1. The diagram shows as this: when packages are promoted from DEV (state) to Build, a CA-SCM UDP will launch a remote Jenkins job (also passing the package names will allow me to get the list of files got changed). The Jenkins job will do a "Checkout for Browse" at the Build state to retrieve the full code base. This will enable a continuous integration. However, without a baseline/snapshot, I am not able to reproduce the build later on.

2. To fix the issue, the above Jenkins job will start the build by first creating a snapshot, then download the snapshot to build. Then the snapshot will allow me to identify the code base.

Will this work? Do I miss anything?

• 2.  Re: Branching and Build Strategy

Posted Dec 30, 2016 02:28 AM

Based on the explanation , it should work. Let us know if you encounter any challenges from Harvest prespective.