Harvest

View Only
  • 1.  HSMTP and HTML messages

Posted Jun 06, 2017 07:50 PM

All email notifications arrives as text/PlainText. We're using this hsmtp.arg arguments:

-mailserver=mailservername
    -port=25
    -from=sender@domain.com
    -delay=3
    -retries=5
    -charset=utf-8
    -contenttype=text/html

Any other suggestion?

Regards,

JOHN

• 2.  Re: HSMTP and HTML messages

Posted Jun 07, 2017 05:17 AM

Hi Johnv,

Please use contenttype=plain/html instead of -contenttype=text/html.

Thanks,

Amar.

• 3.  Re: HSMTP and HTML messages

Posted Jun 08, 2017 11:25 AM

@AmarNathReddy thanks for your comment.We have applied the suggested change, now the emails arrive as an attachment that can not be interpreted by the mail client. The mail client is already configured to present mails in html format, however these emails can not present them.

We'have try using thunderbid and Outlook.

Any other suggestion?

Regards,

JOHN

• 4.  Re: HSMTP and HTML messages

Posted Jun 08, 2017 12:59 PM

If you have Thunderbird, then do "View Message Source" or Ctrl+M on a selected message in your inbox and see if it has been sent as a multipart mime message.  If it has, then it most likely has the html and plain versions in the wrong order, so you see a plain text email with an html attachment.

I did implement one HTML email with tables in the email for a customer, but it appears that we chose to drive sendmail directly as it was on an AIX server, so this is probably not much use to you.

One thing to look for is the utility written by Tom Clark called tcmail, which took hsmtp a stage further.  I don't know if this is still available anywhere on CA's support site.

The only other thing I can think of is to try putting the Content-Type into the top of message body, followed by a blank line, in the same way you do for a subject with variables in it.  If hstmp is dumb, it will drop this into email the headers verbatim, but if it is smart and parses each line and only allows "Subject:", then it won't help.

Other than that, you are looking at writing something to talk to the mail server directly, which if it is SMTP, isn't actually that hard.

• 5.  Re: HSMTP and HTML messages

Posted Jun 08, 2017 01:06 PM

Hi Johnv,

You are right when I use it as plain/html it came as an attachment but when I use text/html( used same arguments in hsmtp.arg which you provided above) it came in HTML format only. I suspect in your email body html tags might not be properly opened/closed. To confirm this, go to "Notify Process" properties under "Mail Message" text box provide sample Html tags and verify.

If it doesn't work I would request you to create a support ticket so that support team will assist you further.

Regards,

Amar. 

• 6.  Re: HSMTP and HTML messages

Posted Jun 08, 2017 04:18 PM

There is another keyworkd like subject in order to define start and finish for boddy section?

Regards,

JOHN

• 7.  Re: HSMTP and HTML messages

Posted Jun 09, 2017 01:05 AM

Hi Johnv,

Here is the sample screenshot where I want you to keep correct HTML tags and verify.

Regards,

Amar.

• 8.  Re: HSMTP and HTML messages

Posted Jun 15, 2017 11:18 AM

Thank you very much. Using body definition was the solution.

Best Regards,

JOHN