Harvest

View Only
  • 1.  is not a valid Application server home to deploy

Posted Feb 10, 2016 11:07 AM

hi all good day,

I installed CA Harvest SCM. and we have requested we install the interface.

I followed the manual implementation. I've created the environment variables and setup succeeds.

but when I get to this window any directory is not valid. I can help with the problem.

web_interface.png

I will be very grateful for your help.

Regards,

Marco Velazquez.

• 2.  Re: is not a valid Application server home to deploy

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 10, 2016 11:51 AM

The folder name you need to supply in the Application Server Home field is the home directory for your web application server (Tomcat or Jboss or other).  Please give this a try and let me know if you have further questions.

Thanks,

Melinda Skelton

CA Technologies Support Team

• 3.  Re: is not a valid Application server home to deploy

Posted Feb 10, 2016 05:11 PM

Hi Melinda Skelton,

I've finished installing with recommendation you gave me.

I downloaded and directed the path of tomcat7

I also downloaded the JDBC connection to BD

but the following error does not allow me we vizualizar the interface.

My instance name is dafault.

when I try to go to the link:

http: // CAHarvest: 8080 / default

or

http: // CAHarvest: 8080 / Harweb

It shows me the following error.

I appreciate it if you can help me.

regards,

Marco Velazquez.

• 4.  Re: is not a valid Application server home to deploy
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 11, 2016 01:39 PM

The first place to look when diagnosing a problem with accessing the Harweb home page is the Tomcat log files.  If you're running Tomcat as a service look in the most recent %CATALINAHOME%\log\catalina*.log.  If you're running it from a command prompt with the "startup.bat" file look in the console window.  You're looking for any lines that begin with "SEVERE", "ERROR", "WARNING", or any Java stack traces.  These will usually help provide more information about the problem. 

Something you should check on is to be sure your installations of Java, Tomcat, SCM Client (and Oracle client if your database is Oracle) are at the same bit-level.  They all should be 32-bit or all should be 64-bit.  You can check the bit-level of Tomcat with this command "%CATALINAHOME%\version", and the bit-level of Java with "java -version".  The bit-level for SCM Client can be found in Control Panel -> Programs.

If you have a specific error message from the log file that you need help solving, please go ahead and open up a new case on the http://support.ca.com website and we can take a closer look at the problem.

Let me know if this makes sense and if you need further help.

Thanks,

Melinda Skelton

CA Technologies Support Team