Harvest

View Only
  • 1.  Someone had used .scmignore file?

Posted Oct 22, 2014 04:46 PM

Hello,

We are using Harvest R12.1.01 under IBM AIX, and our intention is to incorporate the .scmignore file, to exclude some files from check ins. We are not using the syncronized mode. As you all may guess, we have problems...      Harvest is simple not reading the .scmignore file. How may we habilitate this?

Thanks in advance,

Tania.

• 2.  Re: Someone had used .scmignore file?

Posted Oct 22, 2014 06:04 PM

Hello Tania.

I think you may be using .scmignore wrongfully. Are you using Workbench, Eclipse Plugin or command line (hrefresh/hsync)?

On the Workbench/Eclipse Plugin, you can use Ignored Resources facility (set once for the whole project) and the .scmignore file (that has to be present in each directory you want to customize/filter).

On the command line (hci, hrefresh, hsync, etc) you can only provide a list or pattern to include files, not to exclude them.

Does this help?

Best regards,

Ricardo Bernardino

• 3.  Re: Someone had used .scmignore file?

Posted Oct 23, 2014 09:45 PM

Hello Ricardo,

Under my understanding we are placing .scmignore file in the folder we want to filter. But the checkin at workbench omit its content.   

We tried to use it to avoid checkin symbolic links on AIX. So, we try another approach to filter.  

Here, the main idea is to filter symbolic links in order not to be loaded into the repository of an application.

Thanks for your answers.

Best regards,

Tania

• 4.  Re: Someone had used .scmignore file?

Posted Oct 24, 2014 10:27 AM

Hello.

Maybe the behavior is different because they are symbolic links.

Maybe someone else ca help. I am out of ideas for this one...

If it is urgent, you should open a case on the Support page.

Best regards,

Ricardo Bernardino

• 5.  Re: Someone had used .scmignore file?

Posted Apr 09, 2015 10:41 AM

Hello,

how do you checkin exactly?

I think the .scmignore file will be used just by "Synchronize" and "Commit to Repository" but not by the "Checkin" process?!

Regards,

Elmer