Harvest

View Only
  • 1.  As s Developer and Admin, using Workbench and Administrator, I need to login from two different domain with same user name and password

Posted Sep 29, 2014 02:58 AM

Our company has decided to shift from one domain to another one partially. In this case, harvest users on new domain (who has shifted to new domain) cannot login to CA SCM on their client PC. But they can login from any PC which is defined in old domain. Is there any solution for working in two different domains?

Thank you,

Best Regards,

Ceyhan,

• 2.  Re: As s Developer and Admin, using Workbench and Administrator, I need to login from two different domain with same user name and password

Posted Sep 30, 2014 02:00 AM

I can suggest one thing to do.
    You can change the broker name to its Fully Qualified Domain Name( FQDN).

Ex: if it is now "broker_name" you can change it to "broker_name.xyz.com" and then ask everyone to connect to broker using FQDN from both workbench and administrator.

How to change broker name to FQDN ,you can refer Page 346 of Implementation Guide of R12.5 Bookshelf.
    I am mentioning it here anyways but do consult the bookshelf.

Windows

In Control Panel, System, Environment Variables, add, as a SYSTEM VARIABLE, the

variable RT_FORCE_NODE_NAME with a value of m1.company.com

UNIX

Add RT_FORCE_NODE_NAME=m1.company.com; export RT_FORCE_NODE_NAME to

the USER PROFILE for every product user on the computer or the SYSTEM PROFILE.

• 3.  Re: As s Developer and Admin, using Workbench and Administrator, I need to login from two different domain with same user name and password
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 30, 2014 02:01 AM

The above solution will work if network allows the resolution of both domains with respect to each other.

• 4.  Re: As s Developer and Admin, using Workbench and Administrator, I need to login from two different domain with same user name and password

Posted Dec 15, 2014 02:24 AM

Actualy I'm a little bit late to respond, but I really want to share the solution.

To solve the problem, our system team configured DNS servers to resolve the domain name of requests, as the Harvest Servers real domain names, even if users are on the other domain. So without changing the harvest configuration, users on both domains can use Harvest.

Thank you,