Harvest

View Only
  • 1.  How to execute a version without checkout?

Posted Oct 16, 2014 12:57 PM

Hello community people!

Actually I must execute a version that is included in the package.   Had someone did it without checkin out for browse??

Regards,  

Tania Moreno

• 2.  Re: How to execute a version without checkout?

Posted Oct 17, 2014 03:59 PM

Hello Tania.

Do you mean executing a binary file (like a .exe or .sh) directly from the repository?

In some cases, if you double click a version on the Workbench/Eclipse plugin it will be executed, but I never tried it with executable files.

Internally this is an automatic Checkout Browse to a temporary location, but for the user it seems the version is being edited directly on the repository.

Does this explanation help?

Best regards,

Ricardo Bernardino

• 3.  Re: How to execute a version without checkout?

Posted Oct 22, 2014 04:47 PM

Ricardo,

The answer to your question is Yes!  

• 4.  Re: How to execute a version without checkout?

Posted Oct 22, 2014 05:36 PM

Hello.

The answer to your question, when using Workbench 12.1.03.309, is

Running executables is not allowed: Test.exe

I00020110: File \Re-Hosting\Test.exe;0 checked out to WIN-RFS1LPK5BSI\\C:\Users\Administrator\.cascm\workspace\.metadata\.plugins\com.ca.harvest.workbench\waCache\waC-WIN-RFS1LPK5BSI-24-197-47405\Test.exe.

I00060080: Check out summary: Total: 1; Success: 1; Failed: 0; Not Processed: 0.

Best regards,

Ricardo Bernardino

EDIT: The file is, as shown in the quote, checked out in Browse mode to a temporary directory, but due to a failsafe is not possible to execute it directly.

• 5.  Re: How to execute a version without checkout?
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 23, 2014 04:37 PM

Executing an .exe or .sh file within the repository is not possible.

The reason is that all harvest version data is stored in the database as BLOBs.

You must checkout the executable for browse then double click on it to execute it.

• 6.  Re: How to execute a version without checkout?

Posted Oct 24, 2014 11:08 AM

Hello.

As I said before, the version is checked out in Browse mode to a temporary directory, so it can be executed after that.

If it fits your requirements, you can execute the version using the [file] variable and a post-linked UDP after a Checkout process.

Best regards,

Ricardo Bernardino