Release Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Server Group Permissions - RA 6.4.0.10011

Posted Sep 23, 2019 08:22 AM
    Hi Team,

Do we have a way to fetch "Server Group Permissions" programmatically for a user or group? Maybe using REST API or SOAP call or DB query? I am asking this because we are looking to integrate RA with Aveksa for Access Governance and I need to provide all possible sort of permissions associated with a user or group to Aveksa as a feed. I am able to fetch all roles and permissions except "Server Group Permissions".

Thanks,
    Abhishek Gigras

• 2.  RE: Server Group Permissions - RA 6.4.0.10011

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 24, 2019 12:15 AM
    Hello Abhishek,
     It depends on your use case. The permission of "Server Groups"  to a user determines which agents he/she can see under list of available agents. For example in case if your user is an environment admin and have to assign/un-assign the agents from Agent Assignment. In absence of server group permission they will only see the agents already assigned by superuser and will have no available list of agents to change/modify agent assignment.

So if your application user use case have such users you need to have the server-group permission for the users and groups. You can get the access to same via the REST API 

• GET /administration/v5/users/{userId}/permissions/server-groups
    • GET /administration/v5/user-groups/{groupId}/permissions/server-groups

------------------------------
    Regards,
    Saurabh

• 3.  RE: Server Group Permissions - RA 6.4.0.10011

Posted Sep 24, 2019 08:15 AM
    Hi Saurabh,

Thanks for your reply. But I am looking for same in RA 6.4.0.10011. I tried to invoke the APIs which you mentioned but got 404 always. So, I assume these APIs are not available in 6.4.0.10011. If I can get a way to programmatically fetch "Server Group Permissions" assigned to a user and a group for RA 6.4.0.10011, it will help me to move ahead with Aveksa integration.

Thanks,
    Abhishek Gigras

• 4.  RE: Server Group Permissions - RA 6.4.0.10011
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 25, 2019 01:18 AM
    Hi Abhishek,
     I checked an unfortunately there is no API exposed for 6.4 version to fetch server group permissions. 

Also wanted to check as 6.4 is already End of Service, End of Life as on 1st May may I request if you can consider migrating it to higher version so that you can get all features available.

Regards,
    Saurabh