Release Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Getting an empty result for SQL command execution in CA Release Automation Tool.

Posted Aug 12, 2019 10:33 AM
    Hi Team,

We are getting an empty result set for SQL command execution through CA Release Automation Tool. Manually if we execute the sql command it is working but through tool it is not executing.
     SQL Query execution result snapshot  through tool  is posted.Please go through it.
    SQL Query execution snapshot

SQL query result

Here if u observe in the second snapshot,clearly it is showing like empty result for sql command.

Please suggest me on this.How can i correct it to get exact output.

Thanks and Regards,

Vineela

• 2.  RE: Getting an empty result for SQL command execution in CA Release Automation Tool.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 14, 2019 06:12 AM
    Hi Vineela,
     Can you please provide some more information.

1: As you mentioned you try to run the query manually are you running it as same user which is used in RA action
    2: Did you check nolio_action and nolio_all logs to see if there are any error/warning recorded.
    3: Can you try to execute a different query may be something like SELECT SERVERPROPERTY('Collation') or any other simpler query
    4: What is the version details of DB

Regards,
    Saurabh

------------------------------
    Regards,
    Saurabh

• 3.  RE: Getting an empty result for SQL command execution in CA Release Automation Tool.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 14, 2019 11:26 AM
    Hi Vineela,
     To check the DB version, please ask your DBA team like which type and version of DB they are using. For example MSSQL 2014 etc.

From the result set it looks like the select statement is returning an empty result. 

I can try to validate and share what outcome I get.

Regards,
    Saurabh

• 4.  RE: Getting an empty result for SQL command execution in CA Release Automation Tool.
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 20, 2019 04:52 AM
    Hi Vineela,
     Sorry for the delay in getting back on this. I am able to identify the issue. The issue is in your action configuration. The query you are trying to run is the select query and you are anticipating a result-set out but in your configuration you have mentioned that Is Update =true, which make this query an update query and it will just result out how many records are getting impacted but not the result set.

This the reason you are getting "Actual Affected Lines" 1.

Please make Is Update= false to run it as a select query returning result set.

I verified the same in lab and it worked fine for me.

Regards,
    Saurabh

Regards,
    Saurabh