Release Automation

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

How to give multiple user inputs at run time to Solaris server of ksh shell

• 1.  How to give multiple user inputs at run time to Solaris server of ksh shell

Posted Oct 03, 2018 09:26 AM

Hi All,

Please suggest how to give multiple user inputs at run time to  server of type ksh shell.

We tried command echo "4 9"|./script_name and also printf "4\n9" |./script_name on server.But it is unable to take the inputs to the script at run time and getting an error.

Please suggest us to solve this issue.

• 2.  Re: How to give multiple user inputs at run time to Solaris server of ksh shell
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 03, 2018 10:15 AM

Hello,

RA is not meant to give interactive prompts on the server where the job is running. User inputs are offered (there are actions). But the user would give their values via the ROC UI - in the deployment page where it shows you each of the phases (pre-deploy, deployment, post-deploy). Each time an active process comes across the user input action it will pause the job and display a clickable link in the upper right corner of the deployment's detail page. 

I know I had the same kind of questions/thoughts when I first started working with CA Release Automation. And I believe the community might have other conversations that cover the same topic if you're interested in what other details might have been offered. 

I just did a search in the RA community for "interactive". I encourage you to do the same because it seems like there might be some ways to go about it. After initiating the search I'd recommend:

1. starting the search while in the RA community area.

2. If #1 is true then there is usually a link/option to only show results from the RA community - which i normally select.

One of the hits I found were: Tech Tip:How to run interactive command line 

Kind regards,

Gregg