Release Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Not able to import exported component from a zip file- Export is happening successfully but import is not happening of a component from a zip file

Posted Nov 30, 2018 03:36 AM

Title of the issue -

Not able to import exported component from a zip file- Export is happening successfully but import is not happening of a component from a zip file

Description -

This leads me to believe that this is caused by a change in Nolio to the permissions required to import a component into an application. This could have been a change between version 6.3 and 6.5, we upgraded from 6.3 to 6.5 at the end of September

Please advise , what permissions are required are for importing a component into an application and whether this has changed between version 6.3 and 6.5?

• 2.  Re: Not able to import exported component from a zip file- Export is happening successfully but import is not happening of a component from a zip file

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 02, 2018 09:14 PM

Hi,

Do you mean that you want to do following?

1. Exported components to zip file on RA 6.3.

2. Try to import the zip file to RA 6.5.

If so, please restore to RA 6.3 and upgrade with all data to RA 6.5. After that, export components and import them to another instance.

Export/Import is not supported among different version.

Export and Import Design and Deployment Objects - CA Release Automation - 6.5 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Import Applications and Components

To add applications and components from another instance, import data that you exported from that separate instance. The data that you import must have been exported from the same CA Release Automation version. If you have an export from a previous version, first upgrade the system to the same version and then run the export.

Regards

Yas

• 3.  Re: Not able to import exported component from a zip file- Export is happening successfully but import is not happening of a component from a zip file

Posted Dec 03, 2018 02:49 AM

same version of CA is used for export and import. i.e. 6.5  but still getting the issue. Kindly assist.

• 4.  Re: Not able to import exported component from a zip file- Export is happening successfully but import is not happening of a component from a zip file

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 03, 2018 03:43 AM

Do you mean that you saw the message? If so, I suppose your exported file has shared components.

Using ROC, select menu [Administration] > [User Management] > [Users] tab, and select the username.

Please check if [Access Shared Components Repository] box is ON in [Shared Component Permissions] tab.

If you have other errors, please share that.

Thanks

Yas

• 5.  Re: Not able to import exported component from a zip file- Export is happening successfully but import is not happening of a component from a zip file

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 03, 2018 03:47 AM

If you cannot see target application when import, please check [Application Design Components] for target application as well.

• 6.  Re: Not able to import exported component from a zip file- Export is happening successfully but import is not happening of a component from a zip file

Posted Dec 03, 2018 04:54 PM

There are no shared components in the export. This is just an export and then import of application components. The message "you do not have permissions to import all entries" in the first screenshot is not seen when trying to import.

I think the screenshots showing the user administration are from a later version than we're running, which is version  6.5.0.10109. I believe the move of user admin into the ROC was done in 6.6. I think the Shared Components Repository permissions is also a feature that is introduced in a version later than 6.5.0.10109 that we are running.

The user trying to do the import has Application Designer permissions for the target application, screenshot below from the old ASAP UI.

When encountering this error the user is able to successfully export components to zip file from source application. They then try to import, they chose the zip file, answer the questions on two screens, then click import. Then in the import/export screen an error is shown at the top of the page, see screenshots in order of the process followed below

In nolio_export.log we can see the error:

2018-11-14 08:05:33,928 [http-nio-8080-exec-33] DEBUG (com.nolio.platform.server.dataservices.services.exportimport.ExportImportServiceImpl:543) - Import artifact types to application id 1132
    2018-11-14 08:05:33,932 [http-nio-8080-exec-33] ERROR (com.nolio.platform.server.dataservices.services.exportimport.ExportImportServiceImpl:287) - Could not import component RCM
    org.springframework.security.access.AccessDeniedException: Access is denied
    at org.springframework.security.access.vote.AffirmativeBased.decide(AffirmativeBased.java:83)
    at org.springframework.security.access.intercept.AbstractSecurityInterceptor.beforeInvocation(AbstractSecurityInterceptor.java:206)

I'm fairly sure this export/import of components has worked in previous RA versions for users who are not superuser, who have Application Designer permissions on the applications.

• 7.  Re: Not able to import exported component from a zip file- Export is happening successfully but import is not happening of a component from a zip file
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 03, 2018 08:58 PM

Hi,

I checked the behavior on RA 6.6 because of quick response. Sorry for that.

Does the user have "Artifacts Manager" privilege?

It seems same error as following article.

Importing components via application owner fails w - CA Knowledge 

Please check it and try again.

Thanks

Yas

• 8.  Re: Not able to import exported component from a zip file- Export is happening successfully but import is not happening of a component from a zip file

Posted Dec 05, 2018 09:47 AM

Thanks. Added the Artifacts Manager permission to the user/group and they were able to complete the import.