Release Automation

View Only
  • 1.  AUD tables dont have any data

Posted Sep 11, 2018 03:28 AM

When i looked into the database, i found that tables named with *_aud they do not contain any data. However, i could see the historical deployments through ROC. I want to maintain the audit data forever and to be more protective, i would like to export the audit data and maintain it on tapes.

I am not sure, what tables should i refer to for exporting this audit data. 

Best regards,

Amit Joshi

• 2.  Re: AUD tables dont have any data

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 11, 2018 04:19 AM

Hi Amit,

First of all, CA doesn't publish the database schema of Release Automation officially. CA may update database schema without any notifications. So, I don't recommend to access database directly and remove any records manually.

If you want to take backup your database, please take full backup.

If you want to export audit records, you can export records from ROC > Dashboard, or Automation Studio > Reports tab.

> ROC

> ASAP

If you want to purge records, please check following thread.

Scripts to purge historical data  

Thanks

Yas

• 3.  Re: AUD tables dont have any data

Posted Sep 11, 2018 05:49 AM

Well, the attached document states that "

Data is purged from the following tables:

all tables with _aud suffix (excluding: health_record_aud, health_round_samples_aud, health_sample_aud, health_threshold_aud, and published_flow_aud)
    auditingentry
    revision_auditingentry"

So when i go and check the size of data present in these tables, it is zero.

Is it so, that the audit data is now maintained in some other tables? If so, then even the purge script may not work as expected.

Best regards,

Amit Joshi

• 4.  Re: AUD tables dont have any data

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 12, 2018 05:09 AM

Hi Amit,

I think audit records can be recorded regarding design to _aud tables in database.

Could you please check if audit is enabled?

In Automation Studio, Administration tab > System Settings > Audit Design Changes.

If you use latest RA, Administration menu > System Settings > Audit Design Changes in ROC.

When update the setting, you need to restart RA service on management server.

Deployment history is not audit records. The data is used to show dashboard report, so no functions to purge the data, I suppose. 

Regards

Yas

• 5.  Re: AUD tables dont have any data
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 18, 2018 02:42 AM

Hi Amit,

Did my feedback answer to your question?

If so, please click "Mark Correct" button. If you need new function to maintain database, please write an idea in this community space.

Thanks

Yas