Release Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Difference between /datamanagement/a and /datamanagement/ra

Posted Jul 10, 2018 10:27 AM

Hi,

My question is regarding the rest apis calls in CA Release Automation 6.6.

I'm wondering what is the difference between /a and /ra.

On my installation I an call the following API both ways (swaggers tells me I should call with /ra)

http://lsega52a.sagir.qc:8080/datamanagement/ra/administration/v5/servers 

http://lsega52a.sagir.qc:8080/datamanagement/a/administration/v5/servers 

And both call returns the same JSON. 

What is the difference between the two ?

Regards,

GGV

• 2.  Re: Difference between /datamanagement/a and /datamanagement/ra
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 10, 2018 10:58 AM

Hi  Guillaume Goulet-Vallieres,

Thanks for pointing it out I just reported the same internally for correction in the documentation as well as towards implementation.

It looks like there is an overall restructuring happening on REST API's where we are moving from old structure where everything is accessible via /datamanagement/a/api/<versionId>/users whereas with 6.6 I can see proper structuring where administrative actions are separated under /administration/v5/servers.

However there are still lot of general API's which follows the same old pattern for example /datamanagement/a/api/v5/applications?only_active=true which can be rewritten aligned to new structure i.e. /datamanagement/ra/api/v5/applications?only_active=true and yield same results.

To my understanding what I observe it looks like ra & a are symbolically representing same Tree node beneath which API's are exposed.

However, I am not sure if this is left for some backward compatibility or some mistake but I have reported the same internally and have requested for more clarification.

From what it looks to me is an interim stage left for comfy of old users.

However, as you pointed I believe it should be aligned properly and should be covered in document.

Regards,

Saurabh

• 3.  Re: Difference between /datamanagement/a and /datamanagement/ra

Posted Jul 10, 2018 12:40 PM

Thanks for this response, si if I understand we should use ra when available ?

Regards,

GGV

• 4.  Re: Difference between /datamanagement/a and /datamanagement/ra

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 10, 2018 01:18 PM

HI GGV,

Yes please!

Regards,

Saurabh