Release Automation

View Only
  • 1.  CA Release Automation Query

Posted Sep 06, 2017 06:24 AM

Hi,

I would like to know about CA Release Automation. Is it possible to use it to push the CA IDM, CA Siteminder and CA Directory changes from one environment to other environment? Or is it used only for deploying application related changes?

If it is not possible with CA Release Automation, what is the best/easiest way to perform the same?

Thanks.

Regards,

Dhilip

• 2.  Re: CA Release Automation Query
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 06, 2017 08:19 AM

Hi Dhilip,

Although no action packs exist for the CA products that you mention, you can use RA to copy over any data, both application related as "user" data.

regards,

Leo

• 3.  Re: CA Release Automation Query

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 08, 2017 03:22 AM

Hi Dhilip

If I understand correct,  if you are looking for deployment of the product you have mentioned, then CA IT Client management will be a option .

Regards,

Piyush

• 4.  Re: CA Release Automation Query

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 11, 2017 05:31 AM

Hi Dhilip,

I reviewing the use case scenario you described can't be explicit to call this a feasible use-case or not of Release Automation. However, from what I can see it looks like to be a possible use case.

But as I mentioned I would love to understand as suggested by Leo, how exactly the data file get copied, What type of data it is, what all activity is involved in the process of copying and configuring the listed application etc.

In a more ideal scenario RA can help you in configuring system to application from my experience. It can be sitting copying the data or configuring a specific system config file (either through script/command line or utility exposed) and restarting the specific server/service. Even though as mentioned by Leo we may not be having explicit action pack we have various options in RA to perform the task.

I would request to consider the objective of the activity and devise the best tool fits the same. From RA consideration, I thing it have an extensible variation of actions and allow versioned work-flows can leverage the automation of same.

Regards,

Saurabh

• 5.  Re: CA Release Automation Query

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 14, 2017 08:56 AM

Hi

Did the answers on this thread answered your question? If it did please mark it as the right answer.
    When your question is not answered or you still have additional questions please let us know.

With Kind Regards
    Dirk