Release Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Facing issue while installing agent on server.

Posted Aug 08, 2017 09:16 AM
    • Hi I am facing issue while installing issue on server. Please find problem detail as below.
    •  error am getting is  -jstz0400:leis ./nolio_agent_linux_x64_6_3_0_b9713.sh Unpacking JRE ...
    • Starting Installer ... ./nolio_agent_linux_x64_6_3_0_b9713.sh: /home/leis/nolio_agent_linux_x64_6_3_0_b9713.sh.7384.dir/jre/bin/java: cannot executeUnapcking jre then take time further moves to error message can not execute.
    • Java Version available is
    • java version "1.6.0_141"Dadabhau_Pokharkar

• 2.  Re: Facing issue while installing agent on server.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 08, 2017 09:28 AM

Hi,

Normally we get this error if binaries are incompatible with operating system so please provide detailed information related to the operating system being used here.

• 3.  Re: Facing issue while installing agent on server.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 08, 2017 11:52 AM

Some things I would look at include whether JAVA_HOME or JRE_HOME is set for that user? Maybe it or libraries found elsewhere (maybe somewhere in PATH or LIB_PATH) is interferring with the JRE that it is trying to extract and use. I say that because I think the installer is extracting itself out to that 9713.sh.4569.dir and calling a java binary that is having problems. If so then I would see if you can unset those so there are no conflicts that might be occurring. The agent will install a private JRE so the fact that there is a public JRE6 on the server is not a big deal after the installation of the agent is complete since it will use its own private version. 

Compatibility/system-requirements for agents: 

System Requirements - CA Release Automation - 6.4 - CA Technologies Documentation 

• 4.  Re: Facing issue while installing agent on server.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 08, 2017 04:33 PM

We were able to sort this out through a WebEx:

The "cannot execute" error occurred due to attempting to install a Linux x64 agent on a Solaris SPARC server, which is the wrong version installer on the wrong processor.

Resolved the problem by downloading and installing the Solaris SPARC 9 agent instead.

Since we were able to sort it out, could you mark this thread as answered for us?