Release Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Start Nolio Agent Process on Linux after reboot error (running with AD User)

Posted May 16, 2017 08:36 AM

Dear Community,

have you ever encountered a similar problem like this. I am currently trying to get the Nolio Agent 6.3 for Linux (Red Hat 6.8) to run as a specific user. It works like a charm but the service does not start after a reboot.

I read the documentation on this and tried it serveral times to make sure I did everything correctly. 

Deploy Agents - CA Release Automation - 6.3 - CA Technologies Documentation 

The error which is the problem comes up when I run: 

./deployer_daemon.sh remove 

or 

./deployer_daemon.sh install

./deployer_daemon.sh: line 533: 10#6Server: value too great for base (error token is "10#6Server")

./deployer_daemon.sh: line 537: 10#6Server: value too great for base (error token is "10#6Server")

Because of this it is not possible for me to get the necessary entry for the runlevel scripts.

Is this a bug in the Nolio Agent or am I still missiong some configuration?

• 2.  Re: Start Nolio Agent Process on Linux after reboot error (running with AD User)

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 16, 2017 09:08 AM

Hi,

I see your red-hat version is 6.8, can you please share the result of below query.

cat /etc/redhat-release

uname -a

Also can you please tell which agent installer did you used.

Regards,

Saurabh

• 3.  Re: Start Nolio Agent Process on Linux after reboot error (running with AD User)

Posted May 16, 2017 09:29 AM

Hi Saurabh,

here is my result:

The Nolio Agent I used was the  nolio_agent_linux_x64_6_3_0_b9713.sh

Best regards

Niklas

• 4.  Re: Start Nolio Agent Process on Linux after reboot error (running with AD User)

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 16, 2017 09:53 AM

Hi Niklas,

It all looks good I am trying to do some validation and will be able to share some more information.

Regards,

Saurabh

• 5.  Re: Start Nolio Agent Process on Linux after reboot error (running with AD User)

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 16, 2017 12:43 PM

Hi Niklas,

I am able to find the issue why the script seems to fail and I think it is an issue in the script.

The problem here is the versioning of RHEL server is bit different as compare to 6.8 and higher. In current case the issue is if we run below command on 6.8 Red hat

rpm -q --qf "%{VERSION}" $(rpm -q --whatprovides redhat-release)

Result will be

6Server

and same on 7.1 Redhat will result in 7.1

The reason for this is because the versioning is different for 6.8 as compare to 7.1

Internal command i.e.rpm -q --whatprovides redhat-release will result below summary for RPM packages

7.1 packages: redhat-release-server-7.1-1.el7.x86_64

6.8 package: redhat-release-server-6Server-6.8.0.5.el6.x86_64

the result error is because the comparison of version in script fails.

Thanks,

Saurabh

• 6.  Re: Start Nolio Agent Process on Linux after reboot error (running with AD User)

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 17, 2017 03:57 AM

Hi Niklas,

Do you mind opening the case for same as it requires a correction of the script from DEV. Can you please open the case and share with me the case number.

Regards,

Saurabh

• 7.  Re: Start Nolio Agent Process on Linux after reboot error (running with AD User)

Posted May 17, 2017 05:10 AM

Hi Saurabh,

I opened a case, the CN is 00748735.

Thank you and best regards

Niklas

• 8.  Re: Start Nolio Agent Process on Linux after reboot error (running with AD User)
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 17, 2017 05:15 AM

Hi,

I am working on that case now.

Regards,

Saurabh