Release Automation

View Only
  • 1.  TIBCO BusinessWorks integration

Posted Mar 28, 2017 11:25 PM

Hello:

Does anyone have experience with the deployment process of a TIBCO BusinessWorks application? I have checked the documentation about the TIBCO ActiveMatrix BusinessWorks where it mentions that the action pack only works with 5.10, does anyone have used it with different versions? Any tips will be helpful.  

Thanks in advance

• 2.  Re: TIBCO BusinessWorks integration
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 29, 2017 12:57 AM

Hi,

Can you please check the documentation available below:

TIBCO ActiveMatrix BusinessWorks - CA Release Automation - Integrations - CA Technologies Documentation 

TIBCO actions in this pack support TIBCO 5.10 and 5.11. Please let me know the RA version used.

Regards,

Sachin

• 3.  Re: TIBCO BusinessWorks integration

Posted Mar 30, 2017 02:38 PM

We´re using RA 6.3, I checked the URL you mention, but do you know is there another action packs that support previous or earlier versions? Do you know if the current action pack will work with new versions of TIBCO?

Thanks in advance.

Jonathan Avila

• 4.  Re: TIBCO BusinessWorks integration

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 20, 2017 07:00 PM

Hi Jonathan,

I greatly apologize for the delay in response on our end -- To answer your question, no, unfortunately the action pack does not officially support older versions, nor is there an alternative action pack for older versions.

The action pack only supports the versions specified in the previously linked document, which at present, is restricted to 5.10 and 5.11.  That doc will be updated whenever the action pack is updated in the future. 

• 5.  Re: TIBCO BusinessWorks integration

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 20, 2017 07:09 PM

Hi Jonathan,

If you are using the older version:

Using RA - Run Command Line Action Class can be used to run the tibco actions.

Example for Stop/Start the below command can be used for stopping and starting tibco apps:

<Path to AppManage>/AppManage -stop -app <Exact Application Path> -domain <Domain Name> -user <Admin User> -pw <Admin User Password>

<Path to AppManage>/AppManage -start -app <Exact Application Path> -domain <Domain Name> -user <Admin User> -pw <Admin User Password>

All the parameters in the command can be parameterized.

Let me know if you find any issue implementing it.

Regards,

Sachin

• 6.  Re: TIBCO BusinessWorks integration

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 20, 2017 07:47 PM

Thanks for the much better answer, Sachin -- I wasn't aware of that option.

• 7.  Re: TIBCO BusinessWorks integration

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 13, 2017 03:30 AM

Jonathan,

Did Sachin's reply answer your question? If so, please mark it as correct in order for this thread to no longer show up in unanswered questions. Thanks.

regards,

Leo

• 8.  Re: TIBCO BusinessWorks integration

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 14, 2017 09:03 AM

Hi
    I believe your questions has been answered, I will mark this as the correct answer.
    When your question is not answered or you still have additional questions please let us know.
    With Kind Regards

Dirk