Hi I am facing issue with agent install on linux machine with bravounx user
after performing below Activities:
1. Enter to the user through which you want to install the agent (bravounx)
2. Download the nolio agent (below is the command) -
wget httpservername :8080/nolio-app/apps/nolio_agent_linux_x64_6_3_0_b9713.sh3. change the mode for the agent -
chmod a+x nolio_agent_linux_x64_6_3_0_b9713.sh
4. Execute the installation file -
I am getting error:
script execution is incomplete throwing error.'
The :/opt/app/User/AppNAME/User2>./nolio_agent_linux_x64_6_3_0_b9713.sh ./nolio_agent_linux_x64_6_3_0_b9713.sh: line 291: cd: nolio_agent_linux_x64_6_3_0_b9713.sh.27676.dir: Permission denied The temporary directory could not created due to a malfunction of the cd command. Is the CDPATH variable set without a dot?mporary directory could not created due to a malfunction of the cd command. Is the CDPATH variable set without a dot?
kindly Suggest what I am missing.
Checked with permissions- read write execute !!
The issue mentioned here is related to the CDPATH environment variable set at operating system level so if you resolve CDPATH Variables then installation of RA Agent will get succeed.
For detailed information related to the CDPATH go through the below link.
The UNIX School: What is CDPATH ?
I would certainly check to see if CDPATH exists before running the command like Venkat points out. If yes, unset it. If no then you can try checking:
1. the permissions on the directory where you are running the install (to make sure you have read/write permissions there - reason is because that .sh file is a self extracting binary which is trying to create the directory nolio_agent_linux_x64_6_3_0_b9713.sh.27676.dir so it can put its files there temporarily): /opt/app/p1bra1c1/BRAVO/bravounx
2. check that users umask. It could be that its creating the directory but depending on how the umask is set it might not have the permissions needed to do the rest.
3. similar to umask, try creating a folder in /opt/app/p1bra1c1/BRAVO/bravounx to see if you can successfully complete this operation and then cd to that directory.
while checking the CDPATH -
I get CDPATH Doesn't Exist
We tried Same thing on Test Server with Same Environment as Prod And Script worked well- Interesting is On Even Test Environment CDPATH Doesn't Exist..
Did the answers on this thread answered your question? If it did please mark it as the right answer. When your question is not answered or you still have additional questions please let us know.
With Kind RegardsDirk