Release Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Deployment failures of APIs to Weblogic 12

Posted Sep 28, 2017 04:05 PM

We are getting java class not found exceptions when trying to deploy some war files to weblogic 12. Exceptions mention a WebLogic_12 class issue:

####<Sep 28, 2017, 3:41:45,40 PM EDT> <Warning> <Deployer> <dcmitavtol0355.epga.nam.gm.com> <AdminServer> <[ACTIVE] ExecuteThread: '13' for queue: 'weblogic.kernel.Default (self-tuning)'> <<WLS Kernel>> <> <2f9744fe-3078-424a-9519-ca4f99679d87-00001980> <1506627705040> <[severity-value: 16] [rid: 0] [partition-id: 0] [partition-name: DOMAIN] > <BEA-149004> <Failures were detected while initiating deploy task for application "CommonAPI [Version=17.10.0-alpha-001-SNAPSHOT__15827]".>

then

Caused By: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: WebLogic_12

If we do a manual deploy of the same War files without CARA, everything is successful. Found an article mentioning a bug with Weblogic12.2.1 which we are using and how the code is built with Eclipse. I am guessing the way CARA deploys the war files is causing this bug to be called and we get the exceptions. That's the only thing I can think of but still looking for answers. Hoping someone's run into this issue and knows how to solve it. If not, I'll have to open a SR with CA. 

• 2.  Re: Deployment failures of APIs to Weblogic 12
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 13, 2017 05:09 AM

Hi 

To run WebLogic actions, verify the prerequisites in the integration documentation 

Oracle WebLogic Server - CA Release Automation - Integrations - CA Technologies Documentation 

especially the chapters :

Prerequisites to Run Oracle WebLogic Server Actions

Configure Agent for Oracle WebLogic Server Actions

The error indicate we can not find the needed java classes which is most times caused by a invalid

configuration 

Regards

Dirk 

• 3.  Re: Deployment failures of APIs to Weblogic 12

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 08, 2017 12:42 PM

Hi
    I believe your questions has been answered, I will mark this as the correct answer.
    When your question is not answered or you still have additional questions please let us know.
    With Kind Regards

Dirk