Release Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Nexus HA Setup for RA

Posted Aug 23, 2016 03:38 AM

Hi Experts,

A client has HA architecture setup for RA and was interested in setting up HA for Nexus repository which are dedicated for RA. Currently both the DMS servers in HA mode talk to same Nexus repository.

They have 2 Nexus repository servers and for each DMS's they want to dedicate one Nexus repository server. I am not sure if Nexus would support having 2 individual repository servers and keeping them in sync would also be a challenge.

I need your advice on whether this kind of setup is tested and certified ? What should we recommend to the client.

Thanks

Paneendra

• 2.  Re: Nexus HA Setup for RA
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 23, 2016 04:27 AM

Hi,

Nexus can be configured to sync repositories which will create a standby instance, these are the details for configuring nexus in this way.  

https://support.sonatype.com/hc/en-us/articles/213465118-How-to-Back-up-Nexus-for-Active-Standby-Failover

Both DM’s are normally connected to the same Nexus and in the event of a nexus failure the DM’s need to be reconfigured to connect to the secondary Nexus.

Regards

Keith

• 3.  Re: Nexus HA Setup for RA

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 23, 2016 04:05 PM

Another user asked the same type of question, here is the link to that conversation: RA Nexus HA setup

Now I have a question for you, are you planning in setting up a load balancer to handle the transfer from the active Nexus server to the passive Nexus server?

Thanks

-Walter