Release Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Find text in HTML -

Posted May 02, 2017 06:03 PM

Good afternoon,

I'm having trouble while using the "Find text in HTML" action : i'm trying to use the action to check a string in the html, but when I test the action I get this answer (in the nolio_action_exe.log file) :

Checking the web, I see that at first I get a notice about the web certificate, and only after that I get to the web with the result :

Is there any way to avoid/bypass the certificate message with the RA action?

• 2.  Re: Find text in HTML -
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 11, 2017 01:37 PM

Hi Julio,

Sorry for the delay. I don't know if this will solve your problem. But access the https site using the agent will probably stop the action from ever getting the page - usually with some kind of PKIX error. To get the agent's actions to successfully communicate with https sites you have to import that sites certificates into the Agent machines <AgentInstallDir>/jre/lib/security/cacerts truststore.

Maybe after doing that you'll get a different return code. If you can't do that then you'll probably need to use something like the "Run Command Line" action on a system with curl and use the -k switch:

-k, --insecure
                 (SSL) This option explicitly allows curl to perform "insecure" SSL connections and transfers. All SSL connections are attempted to be made secure by using the CA certificate bundle installed by default. This makes all  connections  considered  "insecure" fail unless -k, --insecure is used.

Since it does seem to be a REST call that is being made, you might also prefer/want to use the REST action. But that action (all actions using source code to communicate with secure endpoints) would also need the certificate to be in the cacerts truststore in order for the SSL Handshake to be successful. 

Regards,
    Gregg

• 3.  Re: Find text in HTML -

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 24, 2017 07:32 AM

Hi Julio

Did the answer from Gregg answered your question? If it did please mark it as the right answer.
    When your question is not answered or you still have additional questions please let us know.

With Kind Regards

• 4.  Re: Find text in HTML -

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 01, 2017 04:54 AM

Hi
    I believe your questions has been answered, I will mark this as the correct answer.
    When your question is not answered or you still have additional questions please let us know.
    With Kind Regards

Dirk