Release Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Unable to bootstrap a linux node using "chef - bootstrap linux/unix" action.

Posted Aug 23, 2016 02:11 PM

When I'm trying to bootstrap a node using "Chef - Bootstrap linux/unix" action, I'm getting the below error as displayed in image. But I'm unable to find any field in the said action to input this "-N" parameter.
    How can I bootstrap a node using this action?

• 2.  Re: Unable to bootstrap a linux node using "chef - bootstrap linux/unix" action.

Posted Aug 23, 2016 03:07 PM

I am Also Having same question. Does anyone know about this.

• 3.  Re: Unable to bootstrap a linux node using "chef - bootstrap linux/unix" action.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 23, 2016 03:59 PM

What version of Chef? Can you share how you have setup your action?

Thanks

-Walter

• 4.  Re: Unable to bootstrap a linux node using "chef - bootstrap linux/unix" action.

Posted Aug 23, 2016 04:11 PM

We are using chef version as : Chef: 12.5.1

Here is the action which we are using to boot strap node:

• 5.  Re: Unable to bootstrap a linux node using "chef - bootstrap linux/unix" action.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 23, 2016 05:40 PM

What version of RA?

• 6.  Re: Unable to bootstrap a linux node using "chef - bootstrap linux/unix" action.
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 23, 2016 05:44 PM

For you to use Chef 12.x, you need to be at RA 6.1.0.1078, which contains the following line:

DE162994 - "Run Chef Command Line" supports only Chef server version 11. It now supports also Chef 12

CA Release Automation Solutions & Patches - CA Technologies - RA 6.1.0

Thanks

-Walter

• 7.  Re: Unable to bootstrap a linux node using "chef - bootstrap linux/unix" action.

Posted Aug 24, 2016 05:40 AM

We are using RA version 5.5.2.409.
    Is there any workaround available in this version to bootstrap the node.

• 8.  Re: Unable to bootstrap a linux node using "chef - bootstrap linux/unix" action.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 24, 2016 02:48 PM

Regrettably no, you have to upgrade to RA 6.1.0 to take advantage of the Chef 12.x support in RA.

Thanks

-Walter