Release Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Array of arrays?

Posted Jul 14, 2016 10:48 PM

Is there a way to use/create an array of arrays? I thinking on define a loop where three values would be the "Iteration element", so it would be like a table with 3 columns and N rows and I want to define loop for each row using each column of that row in different properties of the action I'm trying to loop.

Do you think is possible?

Thanks!

Patricio

• 2.  Re: Array of arrays?

Posted Jul 15, 2016 12:47 AM

You can use collection element parameter type (in case you want to set value in release/environment scope),you will iterate using collection type loop.

If you want to use for each loop you can set all values per iteration as one string with some delimiter (e.g first value,second value,third value) and as part of the flow you will split the values into different parameters)

I hope this help

Jacky

• 3.  Re: Array of arrays?

Posted Jul 15, 2016 04:47 PM

How do you manage to test flows using a Collection Element? it looks like they are defined through environment or release execution.

Thanks!

Patricio

• 4.  Re: Array of arrays?

Posted Jul 17, 2016 01:51 AM

You can test Collection element from release type as in the example below.

1. Create collection parameter with release scope
    2. Create attribute to the parameter (e.g name and id)
    3. Add the attribute to action and add the action to your flow
    4. Set loop type as the collection

5. Create process and add the flow to the process

6. Select test process and in the manifest section generate manifest

7.Add values to the manifest as needed

8.Load the manifest and test your process.

I don't think you can test collection element of environment type but once you completed your test as a above you can switch the scope of the collection element parameter to environment and later add the values per environment.

• 5.  Re: Array of arrays?
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 15, 2016 12:27 PM

I finally used a XML Loop type and it works as expected.  Still would prefer an array of arrays type of parameters... some how it would much simpler. 

This is what I did, in case anyone's interested.

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

Kind regards!

Patricio