Release Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Is there a way to export a list of all agents in 6.0.1

Posted Apr 20, 2017 07:59 AM

Hi, I'm needing to find a way of exporting a list of RA Agents and the version of R.A that they're running on. I used to be able to do this by signing into the Datamanager and adding "a/monitor/agent?parent=&filter=&pageStart=0&pageSize=10000&sortColumn=name&sortAscending=true" to the address bar, but since the upgrade to 6.0.1 this function no longer works as well as it used to due to the downgrade of the Health Moniter.

I can get a list of Agents via SoapUI using the getAllAgents function, however this doesnt seem to have any version details for the respective agents in the pre-defined parameters.

I can also see the information on the ASAP, but again, I don't seem to be able to run any reports or anything that can pull this information down.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Any help would be much appreciated.
    Kind Regards

• 2.  Re: Is there a way to export a list of all agents in 6.0.1
    Best Answer

• 3.  Re: Is there a way to export a list of all agents in 6.0.1

Posted Apr 20, 2017 08:41 AM

Hi Jacky, 

That seems to have done the trick.

Thanks so much for your help!!

Kind Regards

• 4.  Re: Is there a way to export a list of all agents in 6.0.1

Posted Apr 20, 2017 04:02 PM

Hi Jacky: In order to use this URL in HTTPS, should I use curl? (for user and password authentication) Do you have an example of this? What we need is to obtain this data from an external server for reporting purposes.

Thanks.

• 5.  Re: Is there a way to export a list of all agents in 6.0.1

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 20, 2017 04:19 PM

Hi Julio, 

This is a quick and dirty way of doing it with curl:

curl -k "https://user:password@localhost:8443/datamanagement/reporting/status/agent?block=TOTAL_AGENTS&pageNumber=1&pageSize=50"

Cheers,

Gregg

• 6.  Re: Is there a way to export a list of all agents in 6.0.1

Posted Apr 21, 2017 04:32 AM

Just tried that one and that works nicely as well.

Thanks Gregg

• 7.  Re: Is there a way to export a list of all agents in 6.0.1

Posted Jul 17, 2018 09:43 AM

Hi Gregg

Is it possible to get a report of complete Agent List and corresponding Application Name.

Kind Regards

Amal

• 8.  Re: Is there a way to export a list of all agents in 6.0.1

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 19, 2018 09:54 AM

Hi Amal,

Sorry for the delay. I did a quick check of the REST API's and I didn't see anything that would return agent assignments based on application/environment. This is something you probably could get from the database. In fact, check out these community posts. I think between the two of them you should be able to get what you're looking for. If not then I think it should introduce the tables in play here to produce your own custom query to get exactly the data you're after:

https://communities.ca.com/message/242033181-re-query-to-get-agent-usageassignments?commentID=242033181#comment-24203318… 

https://communities.ca.com/message/241951382-re-list-servers-per-application-and-environment?commentID=241951382#comment… 

Kind regards,

Gregg