Release Automation

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Shared Components Problem? - Failed to update Parameter, internal Error that array types don't match

• 1.  Shared Components Problem? - Failed to update Parameter, internal Error that array types don't match

Posted Apr 13, 2016 05:47 AM

Hey,

so, this is the second time this happens to us, so really want to make sure to figure out what the cause of this problem is, as the only fix we're currently having is an unaccaptable one.

Don't know if someone else did run into this problem as well.

I'm trying to explain the situation as good as I can:

We have several Shared Components, one of it is a utility one, that includes the preplan and predeployment design. Within the predeployment we're updating parameters for the deployment steps, that use flow from another shared component.

For an enhancement I needed to change the Utility shared component and the other Shared Component. Yesterday I finished the Utility, committed the change, switched the revision in the application, published the predeployment and made a test deployment, everything worked perfectly. Today I made changes to the other shared component, committed it, switched again the revision in the application and published the process that uses this component. My testdeployment failes because I'm getting the following error within the predeployment (as I said, this one did work fine yesterday):

SharedComponent-Update-Error.png

The Parameter within the WASWEB shared component is defined as String Array!

SharedComponent-Update-Error2.png

So, I have no idea where this comes from but as I said, the last time we updated the WASWEB shared component we had the same issue and a colleague of mine needed to delete and recreate the arrays again to get it to work again, which as I said, is an unacceptable doing, as it is just too much work.

Is this a known Bug? Should I open a Case with CA for that?

Thanks.

Best Regards

Michael

• 2.  Re: Shared Components Problem? - Failed to update Parameter, internal Error that array types don't match

Posted Apr 14, 2016 01:41 AM

so, what I tried yesterday and just now:

• branch WASWEB again, no changes, commit -> Didn't help. I was hoping that maybe creating a new revision would help, as the arrays are still set to "String Array"
    • branch WASWEB again, switch array scope from user input to internal and back again, as i hoped that might refresh the array setting as well, but it didn't help
    • Switched to the previous revision in the Application, no problem

So it really seems to be some weird behavior of the shared component when string array with scope user input are involved, because we have other shared components where we didn't have this issue, but on this one, as I already mentioned, we had it once before.

The last thing I will check is, if I can find anything in the databse or repository and after that, I most likely must recreate those arrays and put them in all the actions and flows again...not happy about it

• 3.  Re: Shared Components Problem? - Failed to update Parameter, internal Error that array types don't match

Posted Apr 14, 2016 02:11 AM

once again, recreating the user input string arrays in the WASWEB shared component "solved" this issue.

there really must be something wrong within CA regarding those arrays in shared components?

• 4.  Re: Shared Components Problem? - Failed to update Parameter, internal Error that array types don't match

Posted Apr 14, 2016 04:21 AM

The Problem is consistent and reproducable. I just needed to fix something within the shared component, after committing it and switching the revision, the same error occured again

JamesPanetti should I open a case for that or have you already heard of something like it and it is an open case/bug?

• 5.  Re: Shared Components Problem? - Failed to update Parameter, internal Error that array types don't match

Posted Apr 14, 2016 04:41 AM

Hi Michael

I think you should open case on this issue for proper investigation.

Does the problematic parameters reside in component that used to be regular component which you convert to shared component?

• 6.  Re: Shared Components Problem? - Failed to update Parameter, internal Error that array types don't match

Posted Apr 14, 2016 05:03 AM

Hi Jacky,

yes, the component has been a normal one a while ago as we first implemented it

I will  mention this as well in the case, when I'm opening it.

thanks.

best regards

Michael

• 7.  Re: Shared Components Problem? - Failed to update Parameter, internal Error that array types don't match

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 15, 2016 03:54 PM

Yes, I think that would be a good idea in this case.

• 8.  Re: Shared Components Problem? - Failed to update Parameter, internal Error that array types don't match

Posted Apr 18, 2016 01:23 AM

yep, did it, will update this post, as soon as fabrizio finds something

• 9.  Re: Shared Components Problem? - Failed to update Parameter, internal Error that array types don't match

Posted Apr 14, 2016 01:57 AM

and btw. what is a parameterized_array? it is nothing I can select when I want to create a new parameter

• 10.  Re: Shared Components Problem? - Failed to update Parameter, internal Error that array types don't match

Posted Apr 14, 2016 05:37 AM

In older versions you could create types of array parameters that doesn't exist in newer version , maybe one of them is related to parameterized_array

Jacky

• 11.  Re: Shared Components Problem? - Failed to update Parameter, internal Error that array types don't match

Posted Apr 14, 2016 05:58 AM

ah ok, thanks