Release Automation

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Is there a better way to find un-used actions, flows and parameters than just going line by line and selecting "Find Usages"?

• 1.  Is there a better way to find un-used actions, flows and parameters than just going line by line and selecting "Find Usages"?

Posted Mar 04, 2016 04:26 PM

I am running RA 5.5.1 and I am cleaning up some dated applications in RA.  I need to find out which actions, flows and parameters are currently not used.  At one time, the only way to successfully audit for non-used actions, flows and parameters was to simply go through them one by one and select "find usages".  I know that when you export an application you can also display the list of used actions but this is the inverse of what I need for this instance.  Is this still the only way to audit for un-used actions, flows and parameters in an application?

• 2.  Re: Is there a better way to find un-used actions, flows and parameters than just going line by line and selecting "Find Usages"?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 17, 2016 05:37 PM

Chris,

Is this the same as the question you asked a while back here?  Is there a way to view all unused actions in an application?

If so, I don't believe the answer has changed -- Unfortunately the functionality is essentially as you've already described it. With that being the case, I think this would be a very worthy enhancement to consider -- would you be interested in submitting this as an Idea?

It looks like there was a similar idea submitted a while back: Search and bulk remove unused actions 

• 3.  Re: Is there a better way to find un-used actions, flows and parameters than just going line by line and selecting "Find Usages"?

Posted Mar 18, 2016 09:52 AM

It is James, I have a much better understanding of RA now so I wanted to ask again in a different way to see if I could get a better (or updated) answer.  I voted on the idea that you referenced.  That would be a very useful addition for me!  Thanks for the feedback.