Release Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Server Error: Failed to load action packs

Posted Nov 18, 2015 02:31 PM

In the ROC, when I click on Administration/Action Management, I get an error dialog with the title:

Server Error

and the text:

Failed to load action packs. Please check whether update service is available.

Can someone point me to the installation guide where this might be discussed?

Many thanks

• 2.  Re: Server Error: Failed to load action packs

Posted Nov 18, 2015 02:37 PM

When viewed in the legacy ASAP interface there appears to be no error, I can browse the packages.

My objective is to prepare to install the Jenkins plug-in, but the error returned from the ROC still needs to be resolved eventually.

• 3.  Re: Server Error: Failed to load action packs
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 18, 2015 05:11 PM

I believe either the “Nolio Update Service” service on your management server is not running or your management server doesn’t have external FTP access to ftp.ca.com. These two things are required to use the action management within ROC.

If your security restrictions don’t allow external access, you will need to manually download the action packs at the link below from a workstation that has external FTP access.

http://www.ca.com/us/support/ca-support-online/product-content/recommended-reading/technical-document-index/ca-release-automation-action-packs.aspx

Then once you download the action pack files, you will need to install them manually as described under “Import Action Packs” at the wiki link below.

http://www.ca.com/us/support/ca-support-online/product-content/recommended-reading/technical-document-index/ca-release-automation-action-packs.aspx

Also, I just want to confirm if you are attempting to install the Jenkins plugin or action pack? If you are indeed looking to use the Jenkins plugin, then you can follow the instruction listed under “Manage Plug-ins” at the previous link above. The Jenkins plugin will be installed on your Jenkins instance rather than inside of your RA environment.

We do also have a Jenkins action pack though. The primary difference between the two is that the Jenkins plugin is used within Jenkins to start RA deployments, while the Jenkins actions are used within your RA processes to interact with your Jenkins environment and its jobs.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.