Release Automation

View Only
  • 1.  What defines the Percentage Complete Status of a Running Deployment?

Posted Apr 26, 2016 12:38 PM
      |   view attached

We are running RA 5.5.1.

From the home screen of the ROC, you can navigate to the Releases tab/ then deployment plans by project and finally click the deployments tab.  If you click on the deployment then,  when running a deployment, you can view the status in real time as the actions and flows are being executed.  My question is, what determines the status?  The reason that I ask is because I have noticed that when using certain input actions that are only two or three steps into the deployment (probably 5%  or less complete) the ROC will report over  50% on the status bar when waiting for user input.  I've included a screen shot of the status bar in case anyone is having trouble following my descriptions.

Has anyone else noticed similar behavior while watching the progress of a deployment?

• 2.  Re: What defines the Percentage Complete Status of a Running Deployment?
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 27, 2016 01:18 AM

hey,

from my understanding so far the percentage is calculated by the remaining actions/flows that still need to be executed during a deployment step. which means that sometimes your deployment will sit at a specific percentage because the action does take some time to complete but a second later it will make a big jump in the percentage because the following actions did finish rather fast.

this is only speaking from my experience during the past year that I'm working with CA RA now, there still might be more to this calculation.

best regards

michael

• 3.  Re: What defines the Percentage Complete Status of a Running Deployment?

Posted Apr 27, 2016 09:29 AM

Michael,

I appreciate the reply.  This is what I thought to be the case as well but in example that I am citing, the input action is only action number 13 of 58.  My my calculations, that should put it at 22% following that logic.

• 4.  Re: What defines the Percentage Complete Status of a Running Deployment?

Posted Apr 27, 2016 09:56 AM

oh ok, interesting, maybe they have some factors in there, that define how long a action takes approximately

• 5.  Re: What defines the Percentage Complete Status of a Running Deployment?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 23, 2016 05:09 AM

Hi ,

I marked the questions as answered due to age of it , if this is still unclear please let us know .

Dirk