Release Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Run Command line Action for unix Failing when using User Credentials.

Posted Feb 26, 2015 02:33 AM

Hi,

The Command line Action is being run on a CentOS Machine. With the normal Server Flow Credentials, the Action works fine.

Now i want to use another credentials of lesser privilege to run postgresql commands. So i give the credentials in the "User Flow Credentials" at Properties tab.

When i run the action, the action does not succeed or fail, it just remains at 75% running. So i have to ultimately stop it. And as i am stopping i am not able to debug the issue from the logs also.

Basically not able to use the "User Flow Credentials Feature" in nolio Actions.

Can you guys please help me out?

Below are the snapshots:

1. Using Run Command line Action:

2. Adding User Credentials:

3. Running the Action on the Corresponding Server:

4. The log File on the Agent:

Thanks & Regards,

Prasanth Sinha.

• 2.  Re: Run Command line Action for unix Failing when using User Credentials.
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 26, 2015 10:57 AM

Hello Prasanth,

On Linux systems you may need to go through one or two additional steps to get this feature working. Please make sure the following are true for the user being defined in the "User Credentials" dialog in order for this to work with sudo:

• Full permissions on the agent installation directory. Take special care to ensure:
      • Read/Write to the files cache, temp files, and logs folders
      • Execute privilege on the ActionsRunnder.sh file.
    • Update the entry 'cmd.to.execute=' in the <AgentInstallDir>/conf/processes.properties file. The value should be set to: ./SudoActionsRunner.sh
    • Add this entry to the <AgentInstallDir>/SudoActionsRunner.sh file (create if doesn't exist): sudo -u $3 ./ActionsRunner.sh $1 $2 $3
    • Update /etc/sudoers to allow tty. I think requiretty is disabled (!requiretty) by default.

Regards,

Gregg

• 3.  Re: Run Command line Action for unix Failing when using User Credentials.

Posted Feb 27, 2015 02:01 AM

Hi Gregg,

Thanks for the reply. i have completed all the steps and restarted the agent. When i am running a Run Command Action using User Credentials, this time i actually got the error.

i gave postgres user all the permissions on the installation dir of nolio.

I am trying to debug this error.

ON the Automation Studio:

Thank you,

Regards,

Prasanth Sinha.

• 4.  Re: Run Command line Action for unix Failing when using User Credentials.

Posted Feb 27, 2015 08:10 AM

Hi Gregg,

Resolved that issue, The actions are working fine now. Thank you.

Regards,

Prasanth Sinha.