Release Automation

Expand all | Collapse all

Timeout on Action/Flows

Jump to Best Answer
  • 1.  Timeout on Action/Flows

Posted 09-13-2016 02:56 AM

Hi all,

I recall of reading something about an idea of having a timeout at an Action/Flow level. I am not able to find its reference on the community anymore. 

The use case here is, CA Action triggers a deployment through command line but the deployment keeps on running forever. It does not pass/fail and therefore CA deployment shows 'in progress'. A timeout at Action/Flow level would be able to overcome this situation.

Is there any such new feature going to come in future CA releases?

Best regards,

Amit Joshi

• 2.  Re: Timeout on Action/Flows

Broadcom Employee
    Posted 09-26-2016 10:40 AM

Hi Amit 

I believe your questions has been answered, I will mark this as the correct answer.

When your question is not answered or you still have additional questions please let us know.

With Kind Regards

• 3.  Re: Timeout on Action/Flows

Broadcom Employee
    Posted 09-16-2016 04:05 PM

As Dirk stated, we in Support are not in a position to provide an initial statement, but if you log an Idea, all of those are reviewed by Product Management directly.

• 4.  Re: Timeout on Action/Flows
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted 09-15-2016 08:48 AM

Hi ,

I don;t think this feature is implemented yet , there was a idea submitted for this .

The product team commited to implement this in a future release

At the moment it is targeted for RA 6.3 as far as i know but this is not a offical statement and can change.

Regards

Dirk

• 5.  Re: Timeout on Action/Flows

Posted 09-15-2016 10:14 AM

Thanks for the info Dirk. Not sure how do i get some official news from CA on this. Also, if you have any reference to the idea that was submitted, could you please pass it on to me?

• 6.  Re: Timeout on Action/Flows

Broadcom Employee
    Posted 09-16-2016 03:15 AM

Hi Amit

I can also not find back the idea in the community, the internal request was raised from a support case.

There is one idea which relates to this which is about testing for null value's

https://communities.ca.com/ideas/235731295

I would suggest to raise a new idea one and the product management team is reviewing this and will update the status.

Regards dirk