Release Automation

Expand all | Collapse all

Unable to write text to a file on remote machine

Jump to Best Answer
  • 1.  Unable to write text to a file on remote machine

Posted 07-08-2016 03:27 PM

I am using the "Add text to File" action to write text to a file on remote machine in a workflow. I am using 3 different server types in one process. I am able to write text using 2 server types but the 3rd server type is throwing error  "Access Denied". There are no access issues between the servers but still I am getting this error. Also the server type that is not writing back text is running the process on multiple agents. Has someone seen this before? Can you please help as it is kind of urgent.

• 2.  Re: Unable to write text to a file on remote machine
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted 07-12-2016 02:33 AM

Hi,

If you change user to run the process or change account of Agent service, please check following knowledge articles.

Your account needs access authority for not only target folders/files but also RA installation folder.

For Windows)

http://www.ca.com/us/support/ca-support-online/product-content/knowledgebase-articles/tec1388242.aspx

For Linux/UNIX)

http://www.ca.com/us/support/ca-support-online/product-content/knowledgebase-articles/tec1759061.aspx

I hope it helps you.

Thanks

Yas

• 3.  Re: Unable to write text to a file on remote machine

Posted 07-10-2016 02:27 AM

If I understand correctly,in your write text to a file action , the file path is  network location?

Do you use windows OS - if yes make does the agents on the problematic server type running as domain user that can access the network resource?

On Linux OS you should check how the agent daemon is run , and the mount options to the remote resource.

I would also suggest to run the test with single server type and single agent  - just to make sure there is no locking problems

• 4.  Re: Unable to write text to a file on remote machine

Posted 07-14-2016 11:14 AM

Thanks a lot this solution worked