Release Automation

View Only
  • 1.  How can I send weekly release reports automatically through email?

Posted Jul 06, 2015 01:23 PM

Broadcom Corporation Configuration Management Team is working on the implementation of CA Release Automation we want to know how to send via email weekly reports to a distribution list.

• 2.  Re: How can I send weekly release reports automatically through email?

Posted Jul 06, 2015 02:04 PM

Hi paulor,

I believe this should be posted in the CA Release Automation community instead of the CA API Management community. The CA API Management community will likely be unable to assist in answering this question for you as we are not too familiar with the CA Release Automation product ourselves, instead we focus on the CA API Management suite of products including CA API Gateway and CA API Developer Portal among many others.

I wish you good luck with your search for answers in the CA Release Automation community.

Sincerely,

Dustin Dauncey

Support Engineer, Global Customer Success

Email: API-Support@ca.com

Phone: +1 800 225 5224

Outside of North America - ca.com/us/worldwide.aspx

CA API Management Community: ca.com/talkapi

• 3.  Re: How can I send weekly release reports automatically through email?

Posted Jul 06, 2015 04:28 PM

Hi Dustin - This has already been moved to the CA Release Automation Community. Thanks!

• 4.  Re: How can I send weekly release reports automatically through email?

Posted Jul 06, 2015 04:30 PM

Thanks, Kristen! :-)

• 5.  Re: How can I send weekly release reports automatically through email?

Posted Jul 10, 2015 03:19 PM

So, Is there some out of the box functionality that sends the Release Report thru email?

• 6.  Re: How can I send weekly release reports automatically through email?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 03, 2015 04:54 PM

No, unfortunately, there RA does not feature a means of auto-generating report emails at this time, though that sounds like a great idea. Would you be willing to log an Idea (enhancement request) here in the Communities for this?  I imagine that could be a very useful feature.

• 7.  Re: How can I send weekly release reports automatically through email?

Posted Aug 03, 2015 05:09 PM

I would definitely vote that up!  That is much needed out of box functionality.  I had worked on something similar recently and thanks to some great advice on SQL queries from the community, I was able to find a workaround.  Here is a link to what I did if you are interested:

How do I Create Process Duration and Deployment Duration Parameters?

I'll keep a lookout for the idea and vote it up if I see it come across the wire.

• 8.  Re: How can I send weekly release reports automatically through email?

Posted Aug 19, 2015 11:49 AM

Yes I am willing, where can i find a section to post these type of requests?

• 9.  Re: How can I send weekly release reports automatically through email?

Posted Aug 19, 2015 12:17 PM

Great - thanks, paulor! Here's a handy blog that includes how to create an idea... Right Type of Content: Ideas