Release Automation

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

How can I schedule a manual deployment through CA Release Automation without actually deploying it, just for record purposes?

• 1.  How can I schedule a manual deployment through CA Release Automation without actually deploying it, just for record purposes?

Posted Jul 06, 2015 12:59 PM

Hello community,

Since Broadcom Corporation Configuration Management Team is currently working on the implementation project of CA Technologies Release Automation, one of our main inquiries is how can we schedule a manual deployment through CA Release Automation without actually deploying it? just for record purposes.

Thank you very much for your help.

• 2.  Re: How can I schedule a manual deployment through CA Release Automation without actually deploying it, just for record purposes?

Posted Jul 06, 2015 08:38 PM

To be more specific we are using Version: 5.5.1.1312

• 3.  Re: How can I schedule a manual deployment through CA Release Automation without actually deploying it, just for record purposes?

Posted Jul 08, 2015 03:26 AM

Hi,

the only thing I found was that you at least need to set up a deployment and let the pre-deployment run before you can set up a schedule. Don't know why there isn't a direct schedule option when deploying the deployment plan or an option within the calander would also be nice. The other Option would be within the Deployment Pipeline Overview, but this is only for promoting to next environments, so a deployment did already run.

• 4.  Re: How can I schedule a manual deployment through CA Release Automation without actually deploying it, just for record purposes?

Posted Jul 10, 2015 03:13 PM

Hi, Thanks for the reply.

Yes we found that too, we have that covered, what I'm wondering is in the few scenarios where we need to run something manually, not necessary a deployment but some manual step is needed in production we want to keep that record in CA RA. So we want the developer to schedule the change, with that functionality, but CA should not deploy it.

So I'm working on a flow that contains a user input, and this template will only have 3 things Pre-Init, Manual-deployment, Post-Deploy

And we should be able to schedule the change and when Manual-Deployment executes it should stop as it has a User input action.