Release Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Limit Concurrent Running Deployments

Posted Feb 02, 2016 11:48 PM

Hi,

We are planning to Use RA for around 400 Applications and RA will be used to deploy into their Dev,SIT,UAT, PROD and DR Environments. Since we integrated RA into Jenkins, the number of deployments in DEV,SIT,UAT will be much higher. As for every deployment the artifact will be moved from nexus to target servers, there is a considerable amount of network bandwidth that will be in use.  So there is a concern by Network team that if RA triggers huge number of deployments at one time , RA application will take the major part of network bandwidth.

Is there any option in RA which we can use to control the maximum number of Concurrent deployments (in running state) that RA Can execute across applications?  Basically we wanted to control the maximum number of deployments which are in running state.

• 2.  Re: Limit Concurrent Running Deployments

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 05, 2016 04:14 AM

Hi,

I do not believe there is a throttling value that can be set for concurrent running deployments, if a process tries to use an agent that is already in use the process will be blocked until the active process completes so this would throttle deployments. Another suggestion could be to include a process as part of the pre-deployment that can be used to identify if multiple deployments are running and this could then contain logic to delay the new deployment.

I hope this helps, Could you please add this suggestion to the ideation system so it can be considered for a future release.

Regards

Keith

• 3.  Re: Limit Concurrent Running Deployments

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 09, 2016 12:28 PM

I would like to second what Keith said. This would be a fantastic idea and if you have a moment to submit it, you will definitely have my vote! 

• 4.  Re: Limit Concurrent Running Deployments

Posted Feb 09, 2016 09:15 PM

Hi Keith Keith-Puzey-CA

i believe you are on the same page with me. Just to reiterate my say on this topic, We are looking for limiting number of concurrent running deployments across different applications i.e. across different agents. Because the agent blocking process is at individual agent level, but we are looking at the same kind of blocking at RA  Level across all the applications or agents.

Assuming that you are on the same page, i will go ahead and create new idea on this.

• 5.  Re: Limit Concurrent Running Deployments

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 10, 2016 10:10 AM

Thank you!  If the information provided here was to your satisfaction, would you mind marking this thread as Answered?

• 6.  Re: Limit Concurrent Running Deployments
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 10, 2016 08:57 PM

Hi,

Marked as assumed answered. Meanwhile, please vote for this idea: Option to Limit Concurrent Running Deployments