Release Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Any action package for GlassFish ?

Posted Aug 22, 2014 06:02 AM

Is there any action package or support planned for GlassFish. Looks like one of my customer is using GlassFish.

• 2.  Re: Any action package for GlassFish ?
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 22, 2014 06:54 AM

Hello.

I am currently using version 5.0.1 and there are several GlassFish actions available (that I already used), so I think that is natively supported.

Whether the support is native or due to a post implementation GlassFish Action Pack installation (on the server I am using), GlassFish is definitely supported.

Don't forget to mark the question as answered, as it makes it appear as answered (green check icon) on the content lists, making it easier for everyone to navigate.

Best regards,
    Ricardo Bernardino

• 3.  Re: Any action package for GlassFish ?

Posted Aug 30, 2014 08:19 AM

All action packs posted to the CA Support Download Center are GA and supported by CA. The packs posted are always the latest release with patch rollup and backward compatible. We recommend that you upgrade periodically to obtain the latest bug fixes and new or improved actions.

RA 5.x has a Pack Manager feature with direct access to the media and software update. We also post an announcement on this community monthly as we release after our four week sprint, so there are new or improved packs very often.

It's possible to set up an alert, so you can be notified when we post an announcement. MaryGreening can assist with instructions on alerts and notifications.

• 4.  Re: Any action package for GlassFish ?

Posted Aug 22, 2014 06:59 AM

Thanks Ricardo, We are yet to move to 5.0.1.

• 5.  Re: Any action package for GlassFish ?

Posted Aug 24, 2014 02:24 AM

Hello,

GlassFish actions which we have right now also support for CA Release Automation 4.7 / 4.7.x, and above versions.

Regards,

Ronen

• 6.  Re: Any action package for GlassFish ?

Posted Aug 25, 2014 03:23 AM

Thanks Ronen

• 7.  Re: Any action package for GlassFish ?

Posted Aug 26, 2014 07:31 AM

I'd prefer that we not re-distribute action packs and plug-ins on these forums. Instead I recommend that everyone obtain the media directly from the support.ca.com download center.

• 8.  Re: Any action package for GlassFish ?

Posted Aug 26, 2014 07:35 AM

I agree with you but customer say he can't find and on old version can't download directly from ROC in that case found only this option.

• 9.  Re: Any action package for GlassFish ?

Posted Aug 30, 2014 08:08 AM

CA doesn't distribute "old" versions, as we remediate issues and roll those patches forward into new releases with backward compatibility. There is rarely a case in which there is a need for anything other than the current posted release version available on the Download Center. This is how we eliminate defects from the installed base. We definitely don't want stale files posted on the forum laying about, as over time this will accumulate and folks would search for and find dated releases with bugs we've fixed and missing features.