Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Idea Process History Missing Upon Conversion to a Project

Posted Aug 13, 2020 10:17 AM
    A user was trying to determine who approved the budget on their project.  But when we went to look at the Processes tab on the original idea, it was blank saying "There are no instances available." The idea definitely went through the approval process, but it seems like on conversion, the process history disappeared.  Anyone have any ideas on where I can find this information? Any recommendations for auditing or retaining this information in the future?

• 2.  RE: Idea Process History Missing Upon Conversion to a Project
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 14, 2020 09:59 AM
    Hi Erica,
    I did a couple of simple tests.
    Created a process that would convert and idea to a project.
    I run the process on the idea and this created a project as expected.
    When going back to the original idea the process is still there.
    There is a job called Delete Process Instances. Is this scheduled? Can it be that the process got deleted by the job above? Alternatively anyone with rights to do so, can delete process instances.
    You might want to use the audit for budget data. That way any changes on the budget fields would be audited for changes and you could see who did what and when
    Regards
    Joxi

• 3.  RE: Idea Process History Missing Upon Conversion to a Project

Posted Aug 14, 2020 10:16 AM
    Ah! Okay.  We do have the Delete Process Instances job scheduled. 

For auditing the budget fields, would that apply to any time a change is made to a number on the budget plan itself or just when the fields on the Properties page are updated?

Thank you!!

• 4.  RE: Idea Process History Missing Upon Conversion to a Project

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 14, 2020 10:22 AM
    Hi Erica
    You would audit the attributes that you would like to keep track on.
    When the value of that field is changed, the audit would catch the change (who/when)
    Regards
    Joxi