Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  JasperSoft - Dashboard : Not able to export as single file

Posted May 18, 2020 11:13 AM
    Edited by pradeep singh May 18, 2020 12:56 PM
    Is there any option to export entire dashboard report as single file like pdf, doc etc. ?

I can see individual report has option to export but I am looking to export entire dashboard as single file.

My PPM version is 15.6 ( jaspersoft 7.1), and when I am scheduling dashboard report as attachment , it is not sending any email even dashboard report is very simple and small. is anything missing in setup ? ( however simple report scheduling is working properly )

Jasper log is showing below error :

ReportJobs.trigger_4889474_0 Error Message: The job was not completed. A system error occurred while running it. Exceptions: org.openqa.selenium.remote.UnreachableBrowserException: Could not start a new session. Possible causes are invalid address of the remote server or browser start-up failure.

*** Not sure why this error is coming with Dashboard scheduling **** and working fine with Report scheduling *****

• 2.  RE: JasperSoft - Dashboard : Not able to export as single file
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 19, 2020 01:07 AM
    Hi Pradeep

There are two problems which you have described, one is exporting dashboard and another is sending email. 

Dashboard is only for viewing from web browser. If you open a dashboard, reports will be shown in real time so what's the purpose of scheduling it? 

The scheduler only schedules the run/distribution of individual reports - dashboards are typically a starting point for an interactive session requiring the need to drill down/through to the underlying reports, etc.  If you build a dashboard using Jaspersoft Studio leveraging sub reports, etc., that can be scheduled. 

------------------------------
    Thanks & Regards
    Suman Pramanik
    Sr. Principal Support Engineer | Customer Success & Support, Enterprise Software Division
    Broadcom

• 3.  RE: JasperSoft - Dashboard : Not able to export as single file

Posted May 19, 2020 11:49 AM
    Thank You Suman.
    It is needed as we need to share dashboard as PDF, to higher management ( few users are not using PPM ) on regular interval.

Will sub report from studio give similar flavor as with dashboard reports ( combination of few reports in one page ) ?

• 4.  RE: JasperSoft - Dashboard : Not able to export as single file

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 20, 2020 05:08 AM
    Hi Pradeep 

This is a limitation in the way Tibco has designed Jaspersoft, if you really need to present as dashboard then it needs to be iterative but here your requirement is to give the PDF and i am sure studio report can overcome that as in PDF you cannot drill down.

Thanks & Regards
    Suman Pramanik
    Sr. Principal Support Engineer | Customer Success & Support, Enterprise Software Division
    Broadcom

• 5.  RE: JasperSoft - Dashboard : Not able to export as single file

Posted May 21, 2020 09:38 AM
    Thank you Suman.