Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Additional Idea Status Values

Posted Jul 02, 2019 01:05 AM
    I am trying to provide additional Idea Status values to my users to indicate that an Idea has 1) been Endorsed (by the business owner) and 2) Reviewed (by the Executive Leadership team) prior to its Approval (or Rejection, marking as Incomplete, etc).

I believe that I should be looking at adding values to the INVESTMENT_OBJ_STATUS lookup, but this particular Lookup does not allow me to add Values to it. I have checked to ensure that I have no active Processes running, so I can't think of why I'd be prevented from adding values to this Lookup.

I had tried to add Values to the IDEAS_STATUS Lookup, but I didn't have success in dislaying the newly added value in the list of dislayed Status valued

Question #1: Is this the INVESTMENT_OBJ_STATUS the correct Lookup that I should be looking at altering?
    Question #2: ​​​Is there something I should be looking at suspending before I can add Values to this Lookup?

Thanks,
    Will

• 2.  RE: Additional Idea Status Values

Posted Jul 02, 2019 10:33 AM
    If you look at the lookup associated to the Idea status attribute you can see the lookup is INVESTMENT_OBJ_STATUS

That is a system restricted lookup and a user cannot add values to that in a supported manner. If you look at the description of the values you can see that they are used differently. That means there is code associated to using the values and you might get a mess if you start adding values in an unsupported way.  No can do.

• 3.  RE: Additional Idea Status Values
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 02, 2019 10:51 AM

See
    https://community.broadcom.com/enterprisesoftware/communities/community-home/digestviewer/viewthread?MessageKey=2d38d313-aa1b-454f-af22-80755219540e&CommunityKey=7f0cbca3-5f93-4d44-a369-1a8ce98f5578&tab=digestviewer#bm2d38d313-aa1b-454f-af22-80755219540e

for earlier discussion

• 4.  RE: Additional Idea Status Values

Posted Jul 03, 2019 10:00 AM
    Its true, SystemRestricted, try not to play with those, maybe create a new lookup, for that user reference, because you have the idea status, and then I see like a process status with different step and reviews...

Lookup: Investment Object State - Values

Cheers,
    Pablo

------------------------------
    [Designation]
    Consultant
    SAM
    [City]Argentina
    ------------------------------