Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Restore a project schedule including resource assignments from saved point

Posted Aug 07, 2019 06:14 AM
    Did anybody solved a requirement - Restore a project schedule including resource assignments from <g class="gr_ gr_42 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Grammar only-ins replaceWithoutSep" id="42" data-gr-id="42">saved</g> <g class="gr_ gr_48 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Grammar multiReplace" id="48" data-gr-id="48">point</g>?

I know <g class="gr_ gr_163 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling multiReplace" id="163" data-gr-id="163">its</g> sophisticated but only one solution I see currently in saving as MSP snapshot offline and <g class="gr_ gr_152 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling multiReplace" id="152" data-gr-id="152">than</g> replace back if needed (not tested)

any other idea?

Vit

------------------------------
    Consultant
    Catta Consulting
    Czech Republic

• 2.  RE: Restore a project schedule including resource assignments from saved point
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 22, 2019 04:05 PM
    I'm so very sorry for you, the bad news you can't do this if people are charging time to the tasks

The little bit better news. ..... you can copy paste task name, dates, predecessors and successors from Excel 
    I would highly recommend or insist that unless you know what you are doing I mean really really know what you are doing that you don't do it from MSP!
    Why? Because if 
    1. there are actuals on the tasks the msp file saved offline may/will differ from the project in Clarity. Clarity will not let you put the project back into Clarity. 
    2. the really really terrible news.... if you have admin rights or resource create rights and you copy paste the file from the MSP offline snapshot and someone clicked even an "A" in the resource column.... MSP is notorious for creating rogue resources....  Since you have godly type rights Clarity assumes (haha) you know what you are doing and will create this new resource..... which will cause you all kinds of heart ache!
    Hope this helps

Sys Admin
    CPS Energy - Texas

• 3.  RE: Restore a project schedule including resource assignments from saved point

Posted Aug 23, 2019 03:19 AM
    Edited by Vit Posel Aug 23, 2019 03:20 AM
    Thanks Konda,
    I thought that its not so easy.
    Vit

Consultant
    Catta Consulting
    Czech Republic