Clarity

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Clarity PPM v 15.6.1 - Creating Standard Views

• 1.  Clarity PPM v 15.6.1 - Creating Standard Views

Posted Jul 10, 2019 02:09 AM
    Hi All,
    In the Modern UX, I have created a standard view on "Tasks" module in a project. When I go to a different project, this view is not available.
    can someone help me identify How can I make the view available in ALL projects?

Thanks and Regards,
    Poonam Madan

• 2.  RE: Clarity PPM v 15.6.1 - Creating Standard Views

Posted Jul 10, 2019 02:28 AM
    ​Hi,

In modern UX tasks module, and in Grid view users have capability to add/remove columns and that is consistent across the projects. I have verified this in 15.6 by adding additional columns in tasks -> grid view and I don't see any inconsistency with the view.

Regards,
    Praneeth

• 3.  RE: Clarity PPM v 15.6.1 - Creating Standard Views

Posted Jul 10, 2019 02:40 AM
    Hi Praneeth,
    My question is not regarding consistency in user's ability to add/remove columns. This is a consistent behaviour and it is working fine.

My question is that when I create a new in a project task module, this view is not available for selection on other projects. This is available to other users only in the same project. How can I make this view available across projects?

Thanks and Regards,
    Poonam Madan

• 4.  RE: Clarity PPM v 15.6.1 - Creating Standard Views

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 10, 2019 09:14 AM
    Hi Poonam, 

What I understand that you have modified one blueprint and added some fields in the same. Now you are expecting some project to show up in the same way, as you have modified the blueprint. Correct me if I am missing out something. If that is the case then I would suggest you to select the blueprint field for that project and then only you can expect the project to show up in the New UX in the same way. Hope that helps.

------------------------------
    Abhisek Dhar
    Senior Engineer
    Clarity PPM Support
    Broadcom ESD

• 5.  RE: Clarity PPM v 15.6.1 - Creating Standard Views

Posted Jul 10, 2019 07:35 PM
    Hi Abhishek,
    Thanks for your response.
    My question is not regarding the blueprint setup. Infact, as far as I know, blueprints only allow me to add the Tasks module to project. There is no way to setup a tasks tab view(add/remove columns) in a blueprint. If there is, I would be keen to understand how.

My question is that when I create a view as a user in a projects tasks module in new UI, this view is not made available in other projects. I and other users can see this view only in this particular project.

Thanks and Regards,
    Poonam Madan

• 6.  RE: Clarity PPM v 15.6.1 - Creating Standard Views

Posted Jul 10, 2019 09:23 PM
    I have attached screenshots with appropriate descriptions to explain the issue further.
    Appreciate your help!
    I logged as a user (NOT ADMIN) and created a view on tasks tab of project in new UI. The view is called TU STANDARD VIEW.
    But if I go to another project and click on tasks, I cannot see the view available.

• 7.  RE: Clarity PPM v 15.6.1 - Creating Standard Views

Posted Jul 11, 2019 01:52 AM
    The screenshot are always better to illustrate the issue.
    In your case they would have been even better if they included the project name.
    Do I understand you question correctly
    When a user modifies a view you would like that view to be available for all projects not just that particular one for which the view was modified.
    You are not asking how to share views for that one project for all users viewing the the project.

If that is the question my understanding is that you do not have that capability in 15.6.1 or earlier.
    You can share the view only for that one project only.

I wonder if there is a work around:
    You could create a blueprint which matches the view.
    The challenge is that it takes the admin to change the blueprint for a project and there can be only one blueprint for the project and you would have to pick the blueprint one project at a time. Then there would be those users who do not want that view, but something else.
    Not much of a work around.

• 8.  RE: Clarity PPM v 15.6.1 - Creating Standard Views

Broadcom Employee
    The columns like classic ux to set up and publish is not there in modern UX. So user have the flexibility to choose what they need once they are on the task grid

Thanks & Regards
    Suman Pramanik
    Principal Support Engineer | Customer Success & Support, Enterprise Software Division
    Broadcom

• 9.  RE: Clarity PPM v 15.6.1 - Creating Standard Views

Broadcom Employee
    Please ignore my other comment, the view should be available. I see you have cases opened too and we will test and update via case and here

Thanks & Regards
    Suman Pramanik
    Principal Support Engineer | Customer Success & Support, Enterprise Software Division
    Broadcom

• 10.  RE: Clarity PPM v 15.6.1 - Creating Standard Views
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 12, 2019 08:24 AM

Thus is the current design.  It is a limitation because the TASKS module had a board for which local picklist can be created. Which is specific only to that project.  We have plans to improve this so that saved views without local picklist can be shared across projects. 

Thanks & Regards
    Suman Pramanik
    Broadcom

• 11.  RE: Clarity PPM v 15.6.1 - Creating Standard Views

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 12, 2019 08:30 AM
    This is documented at:
    New User Experience: Project Phases, Milestones, Tasks, and To-Do Items - CA PPM - 15.6.1 - CA Technologies Documentation
    Ca remove preview
    New User Experience: Project Phases, Milestones, Tasks, and To-Do Items - CA PPM - 15.6.1 - CA Technologies Documentation
    You can manage project tasks and to-do items in a traditional task list or take advantage of the new grid and board layouts. Tip: This onlin
    View this on Ca >

Tip: You can save and reuse your own views or share your views with other users. On most project pages, saved views can be reused by other users and extend across multiple projects. However, on the TASKS page, the views that you save for working with the board or grid apply only for a specific project and are not shared across other projects. Only users with access to the TASKS page for that same project can use a saved view.