Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Unfilled Allocations/Unstaffed Roles

Posted Mar 16, 2020 09:09 AM
    Hi,
    We are currently on v15.5.1

I have two possibly related questions:
    1) Is there a Jaspersoft report that shows the detail you can find via Resource Planning - Unfilled Allocations?

One of our Resource Managers is trying to run the Capacity v Booking Status by OBS report to pull through unstaffed roles but though that option is selected, no results are returned. We are aware that there are unstaffed roles as we have requests against projects that have not yet been fulfilled/actioned.

So my related question is:
    2) What exactly is meant by an 'unstaffed role'?

Thanks in advance!

Lisa

• 2.  RE: Unfilled Allocations/Unstaffed Roles

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 30, 2020 04:04 AM
    Hi Lisa,
    The unstaffed role should refer to a role assigned to an investment that has not been fulfilled by a resource.
    Could you check the Over/Under Allocation by role?
    https://techdocs.broadcom.com/content/broadcom/techdocs/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/business-management/clarity-project-and-portfolio-management-ppm-on-premise/15-8/advanced-reporting-with-jaspersoft/pmo-accelerator-advanced-reporting-content/resource-management-reports/over-under-allocation-by-role.html
    There is an Include Unstaffed Roles parameter that allows you to include roles, which have not been staffed with resources, in the report demand allocation amounts. If the parameter is checked, then unstaffed roles are included in the report. If the parameter is not checked, then unstaffed roles are not included in the report.
    Regards
    Joxi

• 3.  RE: Unfilled Allocations/Unstaffed Roles

Posted Mar 30, 2020 06:02 AM
    Thanks Joxi.

I've taken a look at the Over/Under Allocation by Role report. From the in-system guidance it advises that you can drill down to the Capacity vs Demand by Resource report,however, when I try that I get the following error:

I assume I need to raise a support call in respect of the same.

Which report would you use to see which project/investment the unstaffed requirement is against?

Regards

Lisa

• 4.  RE: Unfilled Allocations/Unstaffed Roles
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 30, 2020 07:14 AM
    Hi Lisa,
    About the error.
    Could you check the referenced report is installed?
    Administration > Studio > Content Add-ins > csk addin

You might want to check this report:
    Investment Allocations and Assignments
    Regards,
    Joxi

• 5.  RE: Unfilled Allocations/Unstaffed Roles

Posted Mar 30, 2020 07:38 AM
    Hi Joxi,

Capacity vs Demand by Resource is installed.

I'll take a look at Investment Allocations and Assignments

Regards

Lisa