Clarity

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Transaction Entry actuals are NOT available in the task against Resource

Steve Robinson

Steve RobinsonOct 23, 2019 05:09 AM

• 1.  Transaction Entry actuals are NOT available in the task against Resource

Posted Oct 21, 2019 09:23 AM
    Hello,
    User created a transaction entry but not available those actuals in the task.
    When i checked in the DB, the TE has the status of '2' 'Unposted'.
    What is this Unposted status? and how can we correct them?
    I see there are many unposted TE actuals.
    Please let me know if you need more information on the same.
    TE=Transaction Entry
    DB=Data Base

------------------------------
    Regards,
    Atchi,
    Michelin
    France

• 2.  RE: Transaction Entry actuals are NOT available in the task against Resource

Posted Oct 21, 2019 12:20 PM
    Did you run the Post Transaction post to FInancials job?
    See
    https://techdocs.broadcom.com/content/broadcom/techdocs/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/business-management/clarity-project-and-portfolio-management-ppm-on-premise/15-7/reference/clarity-ppm-jobs-reference.html#concept.dita_257921c2670f11e6abaaedee906f06e94d30afd2_PostTransactionstoFinancialJob

• 3.  RE: Transaction Entry actuals are NOT available in the task against Resource

Posted Oct 22, 2019 08:30 AM
    Yes offcourse, we have run all related jobs.

Regards,
    Atchi,
    Michelin
    France

• 4.  RE: Transaction Entry actuals are NOT available in the task against Resource

Posted Oct 22, 2019 09:02 AM
    Edited by Deactivated User Oct 22, 2019 09:04 AM
    When you create a transaction entry can you follow that in the db and verify that an entry is actually created?
    When you say all, exactly which jobs is that and their sequence?

• 5.  RE: Transaction Entry actuals are NOT available in the task against Resource

Posted Oct 22, 2019 09:16 AM
      |   view attached
    When you create a transaction entry can you follow that in the db and verify that an entry is actually created?
    Yes, the TE is created with status 2 'UnPosted'.
    Also, i have tried to re-submit through 'create wip adjustment' and RUN all the requird jobs. Post timesheets, Post Transaction to financials, POst to wip and Import financials.
    Please find the attached DB screenshot of TE re-submitted.

When you say all, exactly which jobs is that and their sequence?
    Post timesheets, Post Transaction to financials, POst to wip and Import financials.
    And we have 41more scheduled jobs.

Regards,
    Atchi,
    Michelin
    France

• 6.  RE: Transaction Entry actuals are NOT available in the task against Resource

Posted Oct 22, 2019 11:42 AM
    Sorry to say I just read the last post. The very first post tells that you got something in the database.

Which database that table is that?
    From which database table is your screenshot?

Where exactly did you create in the transaction in question?
    Is that
    - a timeentry
    - a transaction entry
    - a WIP entry
    . or something else

When you say
    TE has the status of '2' 'Unposted'.
    for which table is that and where from is the information?

• 7.  RE: Transaction Entry actuals are NOT available in the task against Resource

Posted Oct 23, 2019 03:57 AM
    Hello,
    Which database that table is that? select * from PPA_WIP where status = '2'
    From which database table is your screenshot?PPA_WIP 

Where exactly did you create in the transaction in question? a transaction entry

Regards,
    Atchi,
    Michelin
    France

• 8.  RE: Transaction Entry actuals are NOT available in the task against Resource

Posted Oct 23, 2019 05:09 AM
    Edited by Steve Robinson Oct 23, 2019 05:27 AM

• 9.  RE: Transaction Entry actuals are NOT available in the task against Resource

Posted Oct 23, 2019 05:18 AM
    Hello Steve,
    Yes, i have approved the WIP adjustment.

Yes,i knew the sequence of order of TE.

Thanks...

Regards,
    Atchi,
    Michelin
    France

• 10.  RE: Transaction Entry actuals are NOT available in the task against Resource

Posted Oct 23, 2019 05:27 AM
    Trying this post again as the first time I tried the screen went white and nothing seemed to happen.

Hi Atchi

You mention you created a WIP adjustment. In order to do this, the original transaction must have been posted to WIP. After you created the WIP adjustment did you Approve the WIP adjustment?

The normal sequence for Transaction Entry is:

• Create a Voucher Other
      • Voucher Other is required for entering Labor hours through Transaction Entry
      • Voucher Expense is only used for expense resources
    • Create a New transaction
      • The form has mandatory fields and only shows financially enabled projects and resources
    • Save the transaction and save the voucher
    • Post to WIP
      • You do not have to Post Timesheets or Post Transactions to Financial because Transaction Entries are placed directly in the pre-WIP table
    • Import Financial Actuals
      • This is the job that takes the Transaction Entry Labor hours and transfers them back to the project
    Regards,

Steve

Senior Consultant
    HCL Technologies

• 11.  RE: Transaction Entry actuals are NOT available in the task against Resource

Posted Oct 23, 2019 05:52 AM
    Hello Steve,

That is the problem. The Original Transaction is NOT moved to Post to wip and it is with Status '2' in PPA WIP table.

The TE is not getting moved to Post to WIP but in PPA Wip table with status '2'.
    That is why, i have adjusted to send post to wip and  approved it but with same issue

Regards,
    Atchi,
    Michelin
    France

• 12.  RE: Transaction Entry actuals are NOT available in the task against Resource

Posted Oct 23, 2019 06:10 AM
    Hi Atchi

I'm not a technical person and don't know much about the database tables but prior to being posted to PPA_WIP I believe the transactions are held in PPA_TRANSCONTROL. Have you reviewed this table to try to work out why the voucher is not posting?

Regards,

Steve

• 13.  RE: Transaction Entry actuals are NOT available in the task against Resource

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 23, 2019 09:15 AM
    A status of 2 in PPA_WIP means the transaction was adjusted or reversed and you will not see it on the task if you ran the Import Financial Actuals job.

PPA_WIP table only holds transactions that got posted to WIP so if it is in there it did post.  With a status of 2 it did get adjusted (adjusted or reversed.)
    These will not show on the task once you run the Import job, as they will be removed.

Liz Williamson

• 14.  RE: Transaction Entry actuals are NOT available in the task against Resource

Posted Oct 23, 2019 09:32 AM
      |   view attached
    Hello Liz,
    Thanks for your response.

Little convinced.

So, adjusted means.... the TE should show the adjust value in quntity in Create WIP adjustment portlet but NOT the case here.
    Reversed means, the line should not visible in Create WIP adjustment portlet but not.
    If we see in PPA_WIP table, we can see same actuals of quantity, TRANSNO and applyto ..., we don't see any additional lines in April month.
    So, where is the action has been done?
    am i correct?

Regards,
    Atchi,
    Michelin
    France

• 15.  RE: Transaction Entry actuals are NOT available in the task against Resource
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 23, 2019 09:41 AM
    When you say
    When i checked in the DB, the TE has the status of '2' 'Unposted'.
    Where from does the information come?
    As Liz posts that is not Unposted in PPA_WIP

To me reversed means it is gone and not recoverable in the GUI by the user.
    What the user can do is just create a new transaction and process is all the way and check that is gets created in PPA_TRANSCONTROL before posting to WIP. After posting to WIP you should see it. Unfortunately there is no WIP entry list view. What you have to do is start creating a a WIP adjustment then you will see the normal current WIP  entries (Status 0). If it is there then it will be processed further with the Import financial actuals job.

Before trying any hacks you should check just how many times the entry is in the PPA_WIP table and what are the statuses. There can be several records for the same transaction with different status. If there is just one totally unsupported hack is to change the status.

• 16.  RE: Transaction Entry actuals are NOT available in the task against Resource

Posted Oct 23, 2019 09:47 AM
    Looking at your last post I see
    1 entry with positive amount
    1 entry with the same negative amount (may be adjustment)
    1 entry which reversed the positive amount
    1 entry which reversed the negative amount

The total of those is that there is no valid transaction.
    My attempt would be to just create the transaction again.
    Wait and hear what Steve and Liz say.

• 17.  RE: Transaction Entry actuals are NOT available in the task against Resource

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 23, 2019 10:18 AM
    For entries with status = 2 that does mean either it got adjusted or reversed.  As Martti said if it is reversed you will not be able to see it to do a wip adjustment.
    Normally I can tell if it adjusted vs reversed is if the APPLYTO matches the TRANSNO that means reversed. If they are different then the apply to is the WIP Adjustment where the original transno was then adjusted.

Your first 2 with status = 2 both look like adjustments to me, not reversed. Then you have two posted transactions which net to 0 (4 and - 4)

So yes they will show as 0 on the task. 
    For this one in posted transaction review and the task the quantity should match. 

And as Martti said you may need to do a new transaction to get the desired results.

Liz

• 18.  RE: Transaction Entry actuals are NOT available in the task against Resource

Posted Oct 23, 2019 10:37 AM
    Thanks Martti, Liz.
    Yes, i have already created new TE and it is good... last is that only.
    Now i am very clear on this...

thank you for your time and help on this.

Regards,
    Atchi,
    Michelin
    France