Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  CA PPM - E-mail Notifications

Posted Jul 25, 2019 09:48 AM
    ​Hi

We are in the process of having our CA PPM connected to an e-mail exchange server, for the main purpose of sending out global reminders for all resources to complete timesheets together with reminding resource managers to approve them etc.

I have tired to work my way through this and my understanding, is that I would need a Scheduled Job to run a Process which effectively sends an e-mail notification to all users , Globally.

From the experience of CA PPM users, can the following be confirmed:

1. From the out of the box options available is the above possible using existing functionality within the system.
    2. Would creating e-mail notifications require GEL scripts to be created within the system so they work globally.

I have noticed there is a manually option within notifications to send e-mails per user, but this seems a bit archaic.

The version of CA PPM I am using is V15.4.1

Any assistance which can be provided would be appreciated.

Many Thanks

Peter

• 2.  RE: CA PPM - E-mail Notifications
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 22, 2019 03:53 PM
    Ok, I am functional not technical but you don't need anything fancy. Clarity comes with notifications for assignment to projects, time sheets, action items etc. The action item and process time sheets are very obscure/plain vanilla. Assignments and time sheets are very explicit and easy for the resource to click the link. So go find someone at your company who is a bit technical and they can fix you right up!
    P.S. Unless you create a process you will have to click the "notify" button in time sheets to send the emails to the naughty list. 
    Another little lesson one of my fellow consultants learned the hard way years ago.... if testing put a "mask" on all the users except a few otherwise the CIO, CFO, AND CEO can get notifications while testing and they may not be very happy with you especially if you fill up their inbox :(

------------------------------
    Sys Admin
    CPS Energy - Texas
    ------------------------------